Wild Goose Chase

I woke up and noticed it was awfully quiet. I let the guys sleep over but it appears as if I was the only one left in the room. Wow they ditched me. What great friends I have!

I got off the bed and decided to get ready. I walked into my bathroom and there was a sticky note on the mirror. I peeled it off and and it read,

Good luck finding us (;

Attached to it, was another sticky note. And that one read,

We burned cupcakes here

Since it seems as if I'm going on a treasure hunt, I got dressed. Nothing special. Just a skirt and crop top. I grabbed the sticky notes and headed to the kitchen. There wasn't any notes in sight, so I looked in the oven. In the oven was a sticky note and it read,

First date snacks -Dylan

I thought about it for a minute and then it hit me. I remember when Dylan treated me to ice cream and a movie. But how do I know which ice cream parlor to go to? There's a lot! But wait. I walked over to my fridge and opened the freezer. There was a sticky note on the tub of ice cream and it read,

Open me!

I opened it and inside was another sticky note. When is it gonna stop? I hope this isn't a wild goose chase. I took the note out and it read,

Off to the Batmobile!

I knew exactly what this one was. I grabbed my keys and all the sticky notes. I call my car the Batmobile because I couldn't think of anything else. I walked into the garage and there was a sticky note on my car window. This time the sticky note had an address on it. I peeled it off and got in my car. I started it up and typed the address in.

-

I pulled up to the location and parked in an empty spot. I looked at the address again and it took me to a nail salon. I grabbed my purse and walked in. I was greeted by an Asian lady and she welcomed me.

"Hello, how can I help you?" she asked. She spoke English fairly well and she didn't have an accent.

"My friends gave me an address and it led me to here," I answered.

"Oh you must be Jen!" she exclaimed.

"Yea, how'd you know?"

"You're friends were here and they paid for you to get your nails done," she said, "come, come!"

I followed her and she told me to sit down. She ended up doing my nails and I didn't have to pay for it. After, my nails were done drying, she gave me a sticky note. Great. Another clue! Just fantabulous! This one was different, it read,

Look behind you (:

I turned around and Nate was leaning on the doorframe.

"Okay what now?" I asked him. Instead of saying anything, he handed me another note. "Really another one?"

"Just read it," he demanded. I rolled my eyes at him and read the note. This one stated,

There's a surprise waiting for you

"What the heck is this suppose to mean?" I looked up and Nate was gone. What the hell? Where'd he go? I walked back to my car and there were roses and sunflowers scattered on the hood. I tried to look for another note but I couldn't find one. That's it? I came to a conclusion that I was sent on a wild goose chase.

I collected the flowers and set them in the passengers seat. I didn't really have anything set for today so I went to Starbucks. When I got there, I ordered my drink and sat down. While I was waiting I saw Ash sitting down outside. I walked outside and sat down with her.

"Oh hey."

"What the hell! Don't "hey" me. What's up with all the sticky notes!"

"Well I'm not answering that but I'm here to give you another clue."

"But I didn't get one to go here."

"Oh really? Dylan probably forgot that part," she shrugged.

"Wait what? Dylan is in this too? Oh well, too bad. I'm not doing this anymore! It's pointless," I said. I heard them call my name from inside, "if you don't mind I'm gonna get my drink and head home."

I grabbed my drink and when I got back outside, Ash was gone. What's with everyone disappearing today?

I got in my car and drove home. I parked in the garage and when I walked into the house I wasn't alone. I turned on the light and all my friends were on the living room just standing around.

"What's going on?" I asked slowly. The silence became really awkward.

"I told you we have a surprise for you," Nate exclaims. I just looked at everybody in confusion.

"Hey Jen," someone said.

"Wait who said that," I asked. The voice sounded awfully familiar. Ash and Nate moved and someone I missed so much walked out from the back.

"I did," he said with his arms out.

I screamed so loud that I couldn't even breathe. I ran and tackled him with a hug. From that point on, I knew something that I never really thought of.

I really missed my best friend.

I really missed Brent.