8. nine grande

i got caroline in the car since i was going to drop her off with lip for the afternoon

once i got to the gallagher house, i put her in the stroller and brought her inside.

i looked around and saw how strange the place looked, lip was going to do some remodeling before they sell it.

"wow, holy shit." i said as i saw emma sitting on the couch and studying.

"hey, mel!" emma said as i waved.

"what, a tornado blow through here?" i asked my husband.

"no, i was up half the night tearin shit out. hi, princess. hey." lip said the last part being directed at caroline.

"don't overwork yourself babe." i told him as i kissed his cheek.

"you, uh, you want coffee?" lip asked me.

"always." i said as lip went to pour me a mug full.

"here you go, my love." lip said as i smiled at him and took the mug.

"thank you. how much longer do you think this is gonna take?" i asked him.

"well, i should be done with the kitchen in a couple of days, then we can put it on the market." lip said.

"it's gonna be so weird, selling this place." i said.

"yeah?" lip said.

"i mean, i spent more time here than my own house. upstairs is where we kissed for the first time, had sex for the first time." i said with a smirk as he chuckled.

i started to look on the stuff that was on the table and i noticed something strange.

it was a painting that i had seen on the news this morning... it was a stolen painting.

"lip... is this...?" i trailed off not sure what to say.

"you weren't supposed to see that, uh, frank stole it... we think." lip told me.

"oh, jeez. oh, uh, how's the mechanic applications?" i asked him.

"uh, i got to follow up." lip replied.

"okay, today?" i asked him.

"look, none of the jobs i applied for are gonna pay anything close to what we make if we sell the house, all right? it's a better use of my time." lip said as i nodded my head.

"i just mean, you could always do both? right?" i said.

"yeah, okay." lip replied as he gave me a kiss.

"okay, i'm off to work. have a good day, my love." i said as i finished my coffee.

"you too, i love you." lip said.

"i love you, too." i replied before i walked out the door.

i was going back to my car when i heard someone say my name.