1. whiskey on our gums

well we all remember how lip and i were getting married right? yeah, well, because of this whole virus thing we couldn't afford a real wedding so, we decided to put it off for now

i was currently laying in bed beside my fiancé and stared up at the ceiling before hearing caroline cry.

i let out a sigh and sat up before lip placed his arm over my stomach.

"oh, no, no. let her cry." lip told me as i huffed and laid back down.

"she's teething." i said as i groaned.

"the hell does he need teeth for anyway?" lip asked as i lightly chuckled.

"what do you need teeth for?" i asked as i laid on my side, facing him.

i could hear caroline continue to cry but i was focused on lip.

"we could drug her." lip joked.

"oh, yeah? the same parenting style our parents had?" i asked.

"frank uses to rub whiskey on our gums. then he'd dump us in the tub." lip said.

"maybe cheryl learned that from him because she did that with us too." i said making lip chuckle.

we both turned, trying to wake ourselves up and we could still hear caroline crying.

"you know, all of this lack of sleep might kill me." i said making lip laugh at me.

the crying was starting to become too much and i finally decided to give in.

"okay. how about i get her and you start the coffee?" i asked looking at lip as he looked back at me.

"okay." lip said cupping my cheeks and kissing me.

i felt butterflies in my stomach as we pulled away from each other and i got up to check on caroline.

i picked caroline up and smiled at her.

"someone's a little cranky this morning, aren't we? well you know what, we're gonna set you up in the sunshine." i said in a baby voice.

i went over to her high chair, setting her down in it.

"hey, um, maybe we need to try something else, you know, with care teething." lip said as he got the coffee ready.

"sure, like what?" i asked him as i grabbed my own mug.

"i don't know, we could do, uh, i don't know, one night on, one night off. you know, one of us stays at my old house or your old house, gets a good nights sleep while the other one stays here. we could, uh, trade off, you know?" lip suggested.

"i think that's a good idea... as long as i can get first dibs." i said.

lip grinned at me and he kissed my forehead before pouring coffee in my mug.

"whatever you want, baby." lip said.

once we had all eaten breakfast, lip went out to work on a bike in the garage and i got ready to go to the record studio.

once i was dressed and got my car keys, i went to the garage and saw lip was working on his bike with caroline in her play pen.

"okay, i'm off. have a good day with daddy, care." i said before kissing my daughter on the head.

"i'll see you later, make sure to get out and have some fresh air." i said to lip before kissing him.

"i will, i love you." lip said as i smiled.

"i love you, too." i replied before heading out the door.

-

later on during the night, i was helping lip set the kitchen up since we were having a mini party.

"how am i supposed to open the door when i don't have any hands?" kevin said as he entered with his hands full of food and soda's.

"here, kev. let me help you." mike said with a laugh as he grabbed some stuff.

"thanks, mike." kevin replied.

"yo!" lip said.

"what's up, lip? my man." kevin asked.

"hi, we have arrived!" veronica said with her twins following behind her.

i saw lexi walk in, helping veronica with some food.

sandy, frank and debbie walked in as well with some beers and some kfc.

i smiled when i saw julien and taylor walk in and i to greet them.

carl and emma walked in, going to say hi to lip as liam, ian and mickey came in last and shut the door.

"mel, your place looks nice!" julien said.

"thanks! you guys doing good?" i asked them.

"yeah, i've been working on my new fashion line and julien's work at the car garage opened back up. how are you guys doing?" taylor asked.

"we're doing okay." i replied with a smile.

as the night went on, i felt so much happiness being around all the people that i loved.

i went to go pick up caroline and i saw ian and mickey walk over to say hi to her.

"hey, mel." ian said giving me a side hug and i smiled at him.

"i think someone's excited to see her favorite uncles." i said with a smile.

i saw mickey holding carolines little hand with his big one and i grinned at him.

"i never thought mickey milkovich would have a soft spot for babies." i said as he rolled his eyes.

"oh, shut the fuck up." mickey said.

"so, lip told me you guys aren't getting married anymore?" ian said as i frowned.

"well, with everything going on after this virus hit we need to save as much money as we can. i didn't want to elope and he agreed that we should have a nice wedding, you know?" i said as ian nodded.

"you guys deserve a nice wedding." ian said making me smile.

"all right, i should go put care to bed. say goodnight to uncle ian and uncle mickey." i said looking down at my daughter.

i heard the noises fading as i walked into her room, setting her down in her crib.

as i looked up, i saw that the walls were painted blue. it was freshly done and it looked amazing.

"i wanted to surprise you." i heard, turning around to see lip standing at the doorway.

"it looks great. thank you." i said giving him a hug.

"i just want to make this place ours." lip said as i smiled at him and kissed him.

"me too." i replied.