Chapter 45 (FINAL)

3rd POV

"Y/N.... he's...... gone Jihyo...." Derek said to Jihyo with a tone of sadness.

Jihyo was silence as those words sank in her mind. She was contemplating whether she's just dreaming or all of this was real.

"Please tell me this is joke..." Jihyo asked as she choked in her own words.

"I wish I could say Jihyo... I wish I could say..." Derek said as his mind made him remember that time in Afghanistan.

Flashback

"Viper 6-2, you've got someone coming your way! Watch out!"

One of the Apache pilots saw an injured Taliban walking fast towards the Chinook and reported it to the pilot of the Chinook.

Y/N and the others, hearing the chatter looked around as that Taliban was now running towards the Chinook wearing a suicide vest.

"S VEST!"

Before they could do anything, Y/N was already running towards the suicide bomber. Both shouting, Y/N pushed himself onto the bomber as far away as he could get from the helicopter.

'This isn't over 'till it ends. That's when they're all dead, or we are.' Y/N thought to himself as him and the bomber fell to the ground.

'I'm coming home Jihyo.... I'm coming home my love.'

The bomb exploded, sending Y/N away from the explosion. Jackson and Derek immediately ran to Y/N, only to see him without an arm and leg. Jackson checked his neck for pulse, but nothing.

"Come on Y/N! Not you too!" Jackson shouted as he started doing CPR on Y/N.

The whole team went outside and stood near the two, as they couldn't do anything but to watch Jackson desperately and helplessly save Y/N.

"Ghost... stop it..." Gary said to Jackson, but he didn't stopped.

"Ghost, he's gone... You have to stop it"

"No! He's not yet dead! He can't be dead!" Jackson shouted as he continued doing CPR on Y/N.

"Jackson! Snap out of it!" Gary shouted again and pushed Jackson off of Y/N.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" Jackson angrily pushed Gary as the two started a fist fight, but was quickly stopped by the team.

"Y/N is gone okay?! He's gone! Look at him! There's nothing we can do!" Gary pointed at Y/N's lifeless body as tears started dropping from his eyes.

Jackson walked a few steps backward and fell to the ground, hugging his knees as he started to sob.

"Atlas 1-1 Actual, this is Overlord. We're receiving reports of an explosion near your LZ. What's your sitrep, over?"

The team heard the chatter from their radio, but they couldn't do anything.

"Atlas 1-1 Actual, do you copy?"

"Atlas 1-1 Actual, this is Overlord Actual. Do you read me?"

The man from the radio kept talking, but they couldn't speak.

"All Atlas 1-1 elements, this is Overlord. Could somebody please tell me what's going on down there?"

The man called all of them on the radio, as Derek grabbed his radio.