Chapter 38

(A/N: hey guyss! Your author-nim is back! It really took a toll on me when I lost my bestfriend, but I have to move on. She's in a better life now. So here's the next chapter for you guys. I'm sorry again if there's too much action, that's because it's part of my storyline, and part of my imagination.)

3rd POV

One month has passed and there was still no progress on the search for the WMDs.

The whole world has been criticizing the 141's efforts for searching it. Saying that they're not working hard enough, that they're busy working on other things.

Jihyo and the other girls knew about it. They've been watching the news everyday and have been calling Y/N and the guys about it. They knew that it's getting harder for them to find it.

The girls would always cheer up the guys through chatting, sending letters, singing for them, etc. The guys loved it and thanked the girls, but the stress piling up on their work isn't helping.

"There's only one way to root these guys out. And that is to go door to door, house to house, until we find someone who will give us the whereabouts of the WMDs. So we're gonna clear 10 structures an hour which, I know, is a lot. It's aggressive. General Shepherd, I would like to request the help of your task force. Maybe to teach the Marines on how your boys do it." The Colonel asked Shepherd as he briefed the team leaders of his troops.

"I can have my task force to train your troops Colonel, but I can only deploy one team to supervise the search. We still have our own operations." Shepherd said as he crossed his arms.

"That's more than enough General. Thank you."

———————————

"All Hitman 2 Victors, maintain speed, maintain dispersion 50 meters."

"Hitman 2-3, this is Hitman 2-1. Enemy contact. 4 technicals, 10 plus foot-mobiles. One o'clock, 2 klicks, how copy?"

"Miller! Contact right! Enemy foot-mobiles, two o'clock! 300 meters by the berm! This is Hitman 2-3, roger that!"

"Misfit 2-1, this is Hitman Actual. Enemy technicals converging on our position. Requesting a strafe run, over?"

"Roger Hitman Actual."

Y/N and the other team leaders have been training the soldiers out in the desert. 

They've been doing this since most of the soldiers aren't good enough to be deployed to the battlefield. Most of them would quickly get shot in the back. Most of them just doesn't know what to do when something goes wrong.

"Overlord, this is Hitman Actual. We have suppressed enemy contact on Point Sierra. Request Misfit push north to sweep the flank and search for possible targets, over?"

"All callsigns, ENDEX. Good job everyone. We're RTB in 5 mikes." Y/N said on the radio as he watched the soldiers from a distance.

(A/N: ENDEX means End of Exercise, RTB means Return to Base.)

2 days later, the Marines started searching every house. Teams of 10, lining up on each sides as they breached every door of every house.

Y/N and his team were at a distance, supervising the operation. Derek and Kian were in the rooftops on overwatch, guarding the Marines on the streets.

He felt his sat phone vibrating from his pocket. He took it out and answered the call.

"Hello?"