Chapter 16

Dave followed Andrew into an empty classroom wondering what he wanted to talk about. It seem to have something to do with Amelia.

Dave couldn't help the smile that graze his lips at the thought of her.

She was back. He missed her so much.

Ever since she left for Paris, he had been so devastated and lonely. He almost thought she was never coming back but now here she was; looking so beautiful, mature and different.

Its a good difference though.

Andrew quickly shut the door of the classroom and faced Dave who stood with his hands folded and a menacing glare directed at him "so what do you want to talk about?" He manage to keep the harshness out of his voice. If there was anyone Dave really hated, it is Andrew.

Andrew ran a hand through his hair as if nervous but he went on anyways "I just want to tell you this so you won't confuse lia"

Dave frown "what do you mean by that?"

"Lia doesn't remember much about her past. She doesn't remember anything about this school, the accident, the bullying" he met Dave confused eyes with his own sad ones "or even you"

Dave heart sank. What was he saying?

He thought back to their earlier reunion in the hallway.
She didn't seem like she has amnesia. In fact she also look really happy to see him.

But she didn't recognize him when they saw each other at the lake. He thought maybe that was because he had changed a lot but maybe he was wrong.

"I don't understand. How did that happen?" He was confused. How could she forget everything that happened to her just like that. It isn't fair that all her memories of the bullying are all gone. What if she forgives Andrew easily?

No! He wouldn't let that happen. She may have lost her memories but he wouldn't let Andrew use that to his advantage and deceive her. Not under his watch.

"Lia had to undergo psychodynamic therapy to remove all memories that triggers her panic attacks" Andrew lowered his head as if ashamed as he explained.

He should really be ashamed. Everything that happen to Amelia was his fault. He was suppose to be the one to protect her from the bullying yet he lead them into almost having his sister killed.

"So you mean Amelia doesn't even recognize you as her brother?" Dave asked curiously. If Amelia's memories of the bullying was erased then that means every memories of Andrew was erased as well because he is Amelia's biggest bully. He tortured her not only at school but at home as well.

Yeah, he is the wrost brother anyone could ever have

"She doesn't remember anything about me" his voice was quiet and sad but Dave didn't feel sorry for him at all. He deserves it "but I'm going to change. This is my chance to start over with her"

Dave snorted. He would rather kill the guy and go to jail than allow him to use Amelia's amnesia to his advantage "if you think you're going to deceive Amelia by using her amnesia, then think again because I won't let that happen"

Andrew looked up at him with sadness and guilt "listen Dave I made a mistake in the past and I want to make it right. I want to be a brother to my sister; a true brother. Please just give me this chance and don't mess this up for me"

Mess it up? Seriously, he had to guts to say that?

Dave took a deep breath to calm his growing anger. He didn't want to end up punching the guy.
He look up at Andrew once again "you think even if you start fulfilling your duties to Amelia, she's going to forgive you? Maybe she might learn to accept you as her brother but that doesn't mean she has forgiven you for what you did to her. And wouldn't you feel guilty if she accepts you but you know deep down that you don't deserve it. Would you be able to accept the love she gives you when you know deep down that you are the reason why she lost herself. Tell me Andrew, would you?"