Chapter 17

Amelia had thought her first day at school would be uncomfortable and she was going to feel out of place because she was the new girl but Dave made her day better.

He spent every minute of his time with her. Surprisingly he had almost every class she had and he made sure to sit beside her and of course she was more than happy about it.

After the last bell rang signaling the end of the school day, Dave walked with her through the hallway as they talked and laughed and Amelia wished she could just stay in this moment forever.

But the moment was interrupted by a voice behind them "Dave" they both turn around to find two girls standing there. One was the blond haired girl who Amelia had bump into that morning and the other was a pretty dark brown haired girl who she was seeing for the first.

The brown haired girl was watching her as if she was some kind of enemy and she had no idea why.

"Oh hey Erin" Dave greeted the brown hair girl with a smile and Amelia felt a small tug at her heart. So the brown hair girl was Erin; the girl he talked to at the lake. She wondered if Erin was his girlfriend.

She wouldn't be surprise though, because Erin was very beautiful.

"Um Dave I thought we're leaving together?" She shifted her gaze to him. Totally ignoring Amelia.

"You should go ahead, I want to take lia home myself" he answered and put his arm around her shoulder. Just as he had done that morning.

Amelia watched Erin's expression change to rage as she watched Dave's arm around her but she was quick to wipe it off her face but that didn't stop Amelia from feeling a bit guilty. She didn't want to come between them so she gently pulled Dave's arm away.

Dave must have noticed something because he quickly said "Amelia, this is Erin my friend and that's Kaitlin her friend" for some reason his voiced turned sour when he introduced the blond girl. But he smile return as he introduced her "guys, Amelia"

"We know that already Dave" Erin informed before shifting her gaze to Amelia once again. She smiled but it seem so fake and forced "Andrew told us about you. Its a pleasure to meet you" she took out her hands and Amelia shook it lightly.

"Same here" Amelia answered a little relieved. For a moment she thought they knew who she was already because they were part of her lost memories but it seems like Andrew already told them about her.

But how was Erin involved with Andrew. If Dave is friends with Erin then why would she be friends with Andrew as well.

It was a bit confusing but Amelia didn't want to pry.

"Amelia" Kaitlin smiled sweetly. her tone sounded so different from the first time they met "I'm so sorry for what happened between us at the hallway. If I had known you were Andrews little sister, I would have been extra nice"

Amelia almost rolled her eyes. Why be extra when you weren't nice at all in the first place.
She manage to push the thought out of her mind and smile at Kaitlin "its fine"

"Well then see you guys later. Bye Erin" she walked away with her heels clicking loudly after her

"So" Dave began "I'll see you later Erin. Let's go lia"

He was about to pull her away but Amelia couldn't help but look at Erin. Even though Dave had introduced her as his friend she still felt guilty. She could see the hurt and rage behind Erin's forced smile.

She quickly pulled her hand away from Dave's "its alright Dave. Andrew is going to take me home so you don't have to cancel your plans with Erin because of me"