Chapter 29

Andrew sat on the pack bench with his head lowered and his eyes red from crying. Quinn sat beside him not knowing how best to comfort him, she had talked to Kaitlin but the girl didn't even have a single bit of remorse for what she did.

"Things are going to change now, aren't they?" Andrew asked out of the blue.

The answer to that is 'yes' but Quinn couldn't bring herself to say it, she has a feeling that things were going to change for the worst.

"I'm sorry Andrew, i'm sorry things had to end like this, it's all because of Kaitlin"

"no Quinn, it's not Kaitlin's fault. I'm not going to blame anyone for my mistakes, I knew this was going to happen anyway" he lifted his head and stared straight ahead into space "you know, I'm kind of happy that this happened. All this happy times I spent with Amelia seem so false, i'm glad she knows the truth now"

"but Andrew, she might never forgive you, you might never get your sister's forgiveness"

"I know she won't forgive me and I deserve it. She doesn't deserve to be hurt everytime she sees my face, that's why I decided that I will leave the house"

"what? you're leaving?"

"I have to do this for my sister"

"what about us, what would happen to us Andrew, are you just going to leave like that. I mean, we are in our final year at school, would you give up everything just like that"

"it's worth it, I will do this for Lia, but don't worry, i'll always keep in touch with you" he held her hand and smiled to assure her but the sadness didn't leave her eyes, there was nothing she could do about it anyway, he has already made his decision.

"I'll miss you" she pouted.

"I'll miss you too" he kissed her cheeks and pulled her to him but the moment was broken by Andrew's phone ringing.

Andrew pulled away from the hug and pulled his cell out of his pocket, it was his mother calling. He sighed and hit the answer button "hey mum"

"Andrew, Amelia is not picking up her phone, where is she and where are you, shouldn't you both be home by now?"

"mum, Lia knows the truth now"

"What?" her shock voice exclaimed.

"she got her memories back"

"what!!"

***

Dave and Amelia sat on the green grass, staring out into the lake. The air was cold around them and the sun was starting to retire for the day.

Dave took off his jacket and pulled it over Amelia's shaking form. Dave guessed that she wasn't just shaking from the cold, but also from the teriffying truth she just discovered.

She didn't react as he pulled the jacket over her and Dave sighed. He knew he had a hand in what was happening now, if only he hadn't lied to her, all this wouldn't have happen.

"I'm sorry" he said, staring out in the lake and avoiding her eyes "I shouldn't have lied to you, I should have thought of the consequences when I agreed with your mum"

"it's okay Dave, I won't judge you for that. I know you only did that to protect me" she smiled sadly at him even though her eyes were still red and puffy from all the crying.

Dave was extremely relieved. He scoot closer to her and held her cheeks affectionatly, his eyes shining with emotion "i'm really sorry, lia. I know how much pain you are going through right now and believe me, I would happily go through the pain for you, if only I could. That's how much I love you"