Chapter 9

Chapter 9

“I’ll get it!” Alice chirped, running for the phone.

“But it didn’t ring ye—“ I began to say, but then the phone rang. Darn future-seer.

“There’s no beating Alice.” Edward chuckled from beside me.

“Stupid mind-reader.” I muttered, momentarily forgetting Edward could hear.

“What was that?” He said, smirking.

“Ohh, just how much I love you.” I said, smiling and laughing.

“Bella, it’s your mother.” Alice said, smiling as she handed the phone to me.

“Hi Mom.” I said.

“Oh baby how are you? I miss you so much!” My mom exploded.

“Mom,” I laughed, “One question at a time. I’m perfect,” I smiled at Edward, “and I miss you too.

“Oh honey, can you come visit? And of course bring Edward. Anyone who wants to come can. I have three spare rooms.” She gushed.

“You’d need four rooms though, mom.” I said, smiling.

“Four? Why four?”

“Well Emmett and Rosalie in one, Alice and Jasper in one, Esme and Carlisle in another, and then me and Edward.”

“In the same bed?”

“Mom, I’m married. So is Esme.”

“But what about Alice and Rosalie? They’re not even twenty, right?”

I laughed. “I love you, Mom.”

She laughed too. “I love you too, Bella! Go ask Edward if you can come over!”

“Come to Florida?”

“Yes! Ask Edward!” She screamed.

I glanced at Edward, and he nodded, grinning.

Tell Renee I said hello. Edward’s voice said in my head.

I smiled. “Mom?” I interrupted her ongoing chatter. “Edward says hello.”

That got her started again. “Oh tell him I said hi! I sure do love that boy, he’s so perfect for you. I’d even trust him with my life.”

Edward was hearing all this, and he smiled.

“BELLA!” My mom screamed, and ran at full speed towards me. “Oh my, you look so different. You need to get some sun! You’re white as a ghost!” She said, after squeezing me in a hug. “RENESMEE!” She screeched, and dropped to her knees to engulf my daughter in a hug.

Renesmee and I already had a talk about her and her ‘pictures.’ I told her that she can’t show her grandma her pictures or else she would be grounded. I wasn’t sure if she comprehended what that means, but she promised.

“Grandma?” Nessie asked in her quiet bell-like voice.

“Yes, dear. I’m your Grandma Renee!” She squealed, and pulled Renesmee in for another hug. This time, she hugged her back softly.

Sadly, we can only stay for a few days, just in case Nessie grows so much that Renee would notice.

“Where are the others?” My mom asked, picking up Nessie and standing up again.

“They decided not to come this time,” He emphasized ‘this time’ when he spoke in his angel-like voice, “they insisted on letting Bella, Renesmee, and I bond with you. They told me to tell you they look forward to seeing you another time.” He smiled my favorite crooked smile, and I could hear Renee’s heart flutter.

“Tell them I can’t wait!” She giggled. “So lets get you guys settled in, huh?”

I nodded and followed her into the familiar house. “Mom, I can unpack with Edward myself. You relax—don’t have a heart attack.” I teased, smiling.

“Good idea! Nessie, dear, do you want to make cookies?” She looked at me for approval. I nodded.

I grasped Edward’s cool soft hand and we went up the stairs. We would have to stay indoors, though, because of the bright sun. Luckily, Renee is more of a night owl.

“I love your mother.” Edward said, laughing.

“Why?”

“You should hear her mind! It’s almost to fast for me to understand!”

I smiled. “I love her too.”