The long game part one

The Tardis materialises, and the Doctor, Ky and Rose step out.
"So, it's two hundred thousand, and it's a spaceship. No, wait a minute, space station, and er, go and try that gate over there. Off you go." The Doctor says
"Two hundred thousand?" Rose double checks.
"Two hundred thousand." Ky tells her and nods her head
"Right." Rose says smirking at her redhead best friend. Rose opens the Tardis door. "Adam? Out you come."
Adam comes out, and his jaw drops. "Oh, my God."
"Don't worry, you'll get used to it." Rose says grinning slightly.
"Where are we?" Adam asks the trio.
"Good question. Let's see. So, er, judging by the architecture, I'd say we're around the year two hundred thousand. If you listen" Rose replies confidently
"Yeah." Adam says looking at Rose, hanging on to her every word.
"Engines. We're on some sort of space station. Yeah, definitely a space station. It's a bit warm in here. They could turn the heating down. Tell you what - let's try that gate. Come on!" Rose says walk-in off Adam trailing behind her.
Rose leads them through the metal gate to a massive viewing window.
"Here we go! And this is. I'll let the Doctor describe it." Rose says chuckling slightly when she doesn't know what to say.
"The Fourth great and bountiful Human Empire. And there it is, planet Earth at it's height. Covered with mega-cities, five moons, population ninety six billion. The hub of a galactic domain stretching across a million planets, a million species, with mankind right in the middle." The Doctor says to the people with him.
Adam faints at the sight in front of him.
"He's your boyfriend." Ky points out looking at Rose as the Doctor looks between the girls.
"Not anymore." Rose says a little disappointed in his reaction.

"Come on, Adam. Open your mind. You're going to like this. Fantastic period of history. The human race at its most intelligent. Culture, art, politics. This era has got fine food, good manners." The Doctor says just before a man nearly bumps into them. "Out of the way!"
Suddenly there are a lot of people bustling around, opening up food vending stations and serving customers at their counters.
"Thank you very much indeed. Somebody there? That's great. What do you want, love? All right, keep moving. I'll be with you lot in a minute. Here you are. One at a time. What now, what was it? Kronkburger with cheese, kronkburger with pajatos. Do you want a drink? Oi, you, mate. Stop pushing. Get back. I said, back." A man behind a counter shouts at his customers.
"Fine cuisine?" Ky and Rose say simultaneously. The Doctor shakes his head still not sure how the girls manage to do that together all the time.
"My watch must be wrong. No, it's fine. It's weird." The Doctor comments.
"That's what comes of showing off. Your history's not as good as you thought it was." Ky says teasing the Doctor sticking her tongue out at him. The Doctor laughs and begins denying it. "My history's perfect."
"Well, obviously not." Rose says backing up Ky. the Doctor smiles at this. The bond those two have formed is strong considering they've know each other for a about a day.
"They're all human. What about the millions of planets, the millions of species? Where are they?" Adam asks.
"Good question. Actually, that is a good question. Adam, me old mate, you must be starving." The Doctor said
"No, I'm just a bit time sick." Adam says looking a little green.
Ignoring this the Doctor carries on. "No, you just need a bit of grub. Oi, mate - how much is a kronkburger?"
"Two credits twenty, sweetheart. Now join the queue." The man behind the counter says.
"Money. We need money. Let's use a cashpoint." Ky says dragging the Doctor along to a machine.
"Attention all staff. All coverage of the Glasgow water riots being transferred five through nine." A voice says over a tannoy system.
The Doctor goes to a Credit Five cashpoint and does something clever with his sonic screwdriver. It produces a plastic card which the Doctor hands to Adam.
"There you go, pocket money. Don't spend it all on sweets." The Doctor says to him.
"How does it work?" Adam asks him.
"Go and find out. Stop nagging me. The thing is, Adam, time travel's like visiting Paris. You can't just read the guide book, you've got to throw yourself in. Eat the food, use the wrong verbs, get charged double and end up kissing complete strangers. Or is that just me? Stop asking questions, go and do it. Off you go, then. Your first date." He says to Adam and Rose.
"You're going to get a smack, you are. You coming Raiah?" Rose says to the Doctor then to her friend.
"Ky's staying with me, like I said go on your first date. Go on then , have fun."
Rose and Adam leave the Doctor and Ky, who approach a pair of smartly dressed young women.
"Er, this is going to sound daft, but can you tell me where I am?" The Doctor asks them politely.
"Floor One Three Nine. Could they write it any bigger?" A woman says point at the numbers on the wall.
"Floor one three nine of what?" Ky asks looking around.
"Must've been a hell of a party." The same woman says looking at the two.
"You're on Satellite Five." The other woman says. Ky instantly likes this woman more than the first one.
"What's Satellite Five." The Doctor asks confused.
"Come on, how could you get on board without knowing where you are?" The first one asks looking at the two irritatedly.
"Look at him. He's stupid." Ky says with smirk. The Doctor looks down at her and rolls his eyes. He can see how cheeky she really is when she's like this and it warms his hearts.
"Hold on, wait a minute. Are you a test? Some sort of management test kind of thing?" The nice woman says.
"You've got us. Well done. You're too clever for us." Ky responds, the Doctor nodding his head going along with what Ky says.
The Doctor holds up his psychic paper ID card.
"We were warned about this in basic training. All workers have to be versed in company promotion." She continues explaining to the first woman.
"Right, fire away, ask your questions. If it gets me to Floor five hundred I'll do anything." The fist woman says.
"Why, what happens on Floor five hundred?" Ky and the Doctor both ask.
"The walls are made of gold. And you should know, Mister Management. So, this is what we do." She says. Ky scrunched her nose slightly. She may not have known him long but she already sees him as a father figure and having this woman flirt with him makes her feel a little sick.
They goes over to a wall monitor to have a look. "Latest news, sandstorms on the new Venus archipelago. Two hundred dead. Glasgow water riots into their third day. Space lane seventy seven closed by sunspot activity. And over on the Bad Wolf channel, the Face of Bo has just announced he's pregnant."  The woman says to them.
"I get it. You broadcast the news." The Doctor says to her.
"We are the news. We're the journalists. We write it, package it and sell it. Six hundred channels" the woman says the pair.

(A/n I finally went back to work yesterday so I'm very glad that I'm so far ahead on this book, looking at planning a sequel for season 2. I'm going to continue Kyraiahs story as long as I can, even if no one reads it. It's not for other people as much as it is for me, but it makes it even better if other people like and read what I write as well,)