The doctor dances part three

"Sub-atomic robots. There's millions of them in here, see? Burned my hand on the console when we landed. All better now. They activate when the bulk head's sealed. Check you out for damage, fix any physical flaws. Take us to the crash site. I need to see your space junk." The Doctor says.
"As soon as I get the nav-com back online. Make yourself comfortable. Carry on with whatever it was you were doing." Jack says to them as Ky starts to walk towards him to get away from the awkward air.
"They were talking about dancing." Ky says to Jack with a smirk.
"It didn't look like talking." Jack says smirking back at the redhead.
"It didn't feel like dancing." Rose mumbles, but loud enough for everyone to hear. The redhead tries and fails at holding back a snort of laughter, making the blonde playfully glare at her.
"So Raiah said, you used to be a Time Agent and now you're trying to con them?" Rose asks Jack curiously.
"If it makes me sound any better, it's not for the money." Jack tells the two beautiful girls.
"For what?" They both ask in sync.
Jack looks at them both. They had done that several times around him and it made him smile every time. "Woke up one day when I was still working for them, found they'd stolen two years of my memories. I'd like them back."
"They stole your memories?" Rose asks sadly.
"Two years of my life. No idea what I did. Your friend over there doesn't trust me, and for all I know he's right not to. Okay, we're good to go. Crash site?" Jack says sounding sad. They all look at the captain and nod.

"There it is. Hey, they've got Algy on duty. It must be important." Jack tells them.
"We've got to get past him." The Doctor tells him.
"Are the words distract the guard heading in mine or Raiahs general direction?" Rose asks.
"I don't think that'd be such a good idea." Jack tells her.
"Don't worry we could handle it." Rose tells him, thinking the wrong thing.
"I've got to know Algy quite well since I've been in town. Trust me, you're not his type. I'll distract him. Don't wait up." Jack tells the group, winking as he walks away.
"Relax, he's a fifty first century guy. He's just a bit more flexible when it comes to dancing." Ky tells her friend.
"How flexible?" Rose asks the pair.
"Well, by his time, you lot have spread out across half the galaxy." The Doctor tells her.
"Meaning?" She asks still not getting his point.
"So many species, so little time." The Doctor tells her.
"What, that's what we do when we get out there? That's our mission? We seek new life, and, and" Rose says unable to finish her sentence.
"Dance." Both Timelords say.

The trio can see Jack approach Algy. They can barely hear what they are saying, well Rose can barely hear them but the Timelords can hear a bit better due to their superior Timelord biology, when Algy starts to retch, then falls to his knees before his face turns into a gas mask. Rose, Kyraiah and the Doctor run forward from the sidings.
"Stay back!" The Doctor shouts.
"You men, stay away!" Jack shouts too following the Doctor.
"The effect's become air-borne, accelerating." The Doctor says as the air raid sirens start up.
"What's keeping us safe?" Rose asks.
"Sorry Rose. You're not going to like this answer but nothing." Ky tells her friend grabbing her hand.
"Ah, here they come again." Jack says, meaning about the Germans.
"All we need. Didn't you say a bomb was going to land here?" Ky says.
"Never mind about that. If the contaminants airborne now, there's hours left." The Doctor says.
"For what?" Jacks asks incredulously.
"Till nothing, forever. For the entire human race. And can anyone else hear singing?" The Doctor asks waking away from the group.

Minutes later he comes back with a young brunette girl that Kys never seen before.
The group, of now five walk up to the spacecraft. The area is lit you as the They go too uncover it.
"You see? Just an ambulance." Jack tells them.
"That's an ambulance?" The brunette asks.
"It's hard to explain. It's from another world." Rose tells her.
"They've been trying to get in." Jack says looking at the ambulance.
"Of course they have. They think they've got their hands on Hitler's latest secret weapon. What're you doing?" Ky says to Jack. Jack is keying in the access codes. "The sooner you see this thing is empty, the sooner you'll know I had nothing to do with it."
Bang! Sparks, and an alarm. The access panel has a red flashing light. "Didn't happen last time." He says.
"It hadn't crashed last time. There'll be emergency protocols." The Doctor tells him.
"Doctor, what is that?" Rose asks him.
The patients start battering at the hospital doors.
"Doctor!" Rose shouts at him.
"Captain, secure those gates!" The Doctor shouts.
"Why?" The conman asks.
"Just do it! Nancy, how'd you get in here?" The Doctor says turning to the young girl.
"I cut the wire." Nancy tells him.
"Show Rose. Setting two thousand four hundred and twenty eight D."
The Doctor throws Rose the sonic screwdriver.
"What?"
"Reattaches barbed wire. Go! No Ky, stay here with me." He tells rose then Ky, who had started following the other two girls. He wants her near him, he panicked earlier when he couldn't find her and it took Rose everything she could think of to calm him.

Jack comes back around the same time the girls do and finally gets the ambulance open.
"It's empty. Look at it." Jack tells the group.
"What do you expect in a Chula medical transporter? Bandages? Cough drops? Rose?" Ky says asking her friend.
"I don't know." Rose says back to her.
"Yes, you do." The Doctor says as both Timelords hold up their hands.
"Nanogenes!" Rose shouts, happy she managed to figure it out.
"Oh, God." Jack gasped.
"Getting it now, are we? When the ship crashes, the nanogenes escape. Billions upon billions of them, ready to fix all the cuts and bruises in the whole world. But what they find first is a dead child, probably killed earlier that night, and wearing a gasmask." Ky says to the captain.
"And they brought him back to life? They can do that?" Rose asks her.
"What's life? Life's easy. A quirk of matter. Nature's way of keeping meat fresh. Nothing to a nanogene. One problem, though. These nanogenes, they're not like the ones on your ship. This lot have never seen a human being before. Don't know what a human being's supposed to look like. All they've got to go on is one little body, and there's not a lot left. But they carry right on. They do what they're programmed to do. They patch it up. Can't tell what's gasmask and what's skull, but they do their best. Then off they fly, off they go, work to be done. Because, you see, now they think they know what people should look like, and it's time to fix all the rest. And they won't ever stop. They won't ever, ever stop. The entire human race is going to be torn down and rebuilt in the form of one terrified child looking for its mother, and nothing in the world can stop it!" The Doctor replies instead of Kyraiah.

"I didn't know." Jack says sadly. The Doctor and Ky work on the ambulance while the patients approach.
"Mummy. Mummy."
"Rose!" Nancy says to the blonde getting her attention.
"It's bringing the gas mask people here, isn't it?" Rose asks the pair.
"The ship thinks it's under attack. It's calling up the troops. Standard protocol." The Doctor responds to his blonde companion.
"But the gas mask people aren't troops." She tells him.
"They are now. This is a battle-field ambulance. The nanogenes don't just fix you up, they get you ready for the front line. Equip you, programme you." Ky says to her friend, looking up at her sadly.

"That's why the child's so strong. Why it could do that phoning thing." Rose realises.
"It's a fully equipped Chula warrior, yes. All that weapons tech in the hands of a hysterical four year old looking for his mummy. And now there's an army of them." The Doctor says to them all.
The patients surround them, outside the barbed wire.