Chapter 27- The Ceremony Part 1

Your POV

You couldn't be happier. Danny and you had been dating for over a year now, and Amity Park was quieter than ever with Vlad dead. You and Danny later made sure he was dead by doing some investigating. Turns out he actually was dead.

No resurrections this time.

Danny Phantom and Spectre were both labelled as town heroes and although not as many ghosts ran around, there was still a few come through and Phantom and Spectre were there instantly to help. You were so happy that the whole Vlad thing was over and that Danny had been fine. It had been a few weeks later and you and Danny were inseparable.

On the other hand, Y/n and Danny both still disappeared from class randomly and were both late. Although Vlad Masters was announced to be Vlad Plasmius, the identities of Phantom and Spectre remained unknown.

Until today that is. The town was having a special ceremony to celebrate their heroes. You and Danny were supposed to make an appearance as your alter egos, but both of your parents wouldn't let you out of their sights at the ceremony.

"Oh yes, Danny never stopped talking about you dear," said Maddie. Your mother smiled and looked at Danny.

"Same here. The only thing I ever hear about anymore is how great Danny Fenton is. At least my daughter knows how to pick a respectful boy," your mom winked at you and you blushed, fidgeting with your dress. Since it was a special day, everyone in town dressed their best with suits and ties, dressed and high heels. You wore a long, flowing purple dress and light makeup done by Sam. Danny wore the same tux that he did on your first date with a purple tie to match your dress. You looked at him and noticed he was distracted too, but he still gave your mom a small smile and pulled out a rose from behind his back, handing it to her. Your mom gasped and took it from his as he blushed.

"I was told you loved flowers. And that a rose was your favourite," he said. You told him roses reminded her of the first bouquet your dad gave her. Your mom gave him a hug and you giggled.

"You are too sweet Danny," your mom said. "But you don't need to suck up to me. I like you already." He laughed.

"Well that's good to hear." Then he glanced at you. "Can I steal Y/n for a moment?" Your mom nodded and held the rose tightly.

"Don't go too far Danny," said Maddie. You got up and followed Danny a few meters away. He looked worriedly at you.

"How are Phantom and Spectre supposed to show up if our parents won't let us go?" You bit your lip and glanced around.

"I mean, I could use the bathroom excuse and my mom would let me go. Why don't you say you're going to find Sam and Tucker?" He nodded.

"Good idea. We'll meet outside in 10?" You nodded. He smiled and squeezed your hand. "Also, you look beautiful," you blushed at his comment and he kissed your cheek before you headed back towards your parents. You waited a few minutes and then Danny cleared his throat.

"Umm-... mom? Sam and Tucker were supposed to be here," he faked being worried. "Can I go look for them?" His mom looked at him suspiciously. You held your breath and waited for Maddies response. Jack was being unusually quiet today.

"Fine. You can go look for your friends," she answered sighing in defeat.

"Are you going with him Y/n?" You mom asked you. You shook your head.

"Actually, I really need a bathroom. Serves me right for drinking a gallon of water this morning," you laughed. Your mom eyed you then nodded.

"Fine. If you want to join Danny afterwards you can," she said. You looked at her puzzled. It's like she knew you weren't coming back. Hmmm.

Danny looked at you and nodded before heading deeper into the huge crowd of people. You headed in the opposite direction. The town had pretty much all gathered in the biggest building and the others who couldn't fit were watching on screens outside. So you pushed past people to the bathroom and waited to see if you had been followed.

You grinned and called out your transformation. The familiar white ring encircling you and transforming you into Spectre. Then you phased backwards through the wall and into the sunshine, to find a transformed Danny waiting for you. He smiled and you floated over to him looking at the amount of people waiting outside for the ceremony to begin. Then you frowned.

"You know, my mom let me go wayyy to easy. She seemed-..."

"Odd?" Finished Danny. You nodded and he frowned as well. "And my dad was actually being quiet for once. He's never quiet." You looked at each other. "Do you think they know?"

"I'm not sure. With all the disappearing with both do, they're bound to find out sometime,"

"Well," said Danny stretching his arms above his head. "No time to worry about that now. They'll figure it out eventually," you smiled at your wonderful boyfriend.

"You know," you started as you floated to sit on the roof. "We have been through so much together since I moved here." Danny floated down beside you as you both gazed over the city. "Not just as Phantom and Spectre, but as Danny and Y/n too," you looked at Danny and stared at the way the sun hit his white hair and brought out his green eyes. He looked at you and smiled, taking your hand.

"I wouldn't change a thing," he said softly. "The first time I knew you were the one was when I crashed through your window that night, and a girl who didn't even know Phantom, took him in and took care of him even though she didn't have to." You blushed and looked down. "That was the moment I knew I loved you," now it was his turn to blush. You stared at him.

"Danny?"

"Here," he said. And handed you a little box. You looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

"We're only-..."

"Nonononono," he said quickly. "It's not a wedding ring," he laughed and you sighed in relief. Then you opened it to find a beautiful silver ring embedded with bright green and clear stones around it. (Or your favourite colour) You gasped.

"Danny. This is so beautiful," you said sliding it on your finger.

"Yeah. Sam helped me pick it out. It's a promise ring." You smiled at him and gave him a huge hug.

"I will never take it off," you said into his shoulder and you felt him chuckle. The he released you, grabbed your hand once more and nodded to the crowd at the door.

"I guess we should head down there. Are you ready Spectre?" You grinned.

"Ready as I'll ever be Danny Phantom," and you stood up together. You looked at one another and he squeezed your hand in reassurance. Then you both floated down and landed softly behind the huge crowd, where a pathway had been set out for you to go into the hall. Danny smirked at the crowd, still oblivious to the two ghosts standing behind them.

"Ready to do this?" You nodded at him and he smiled. "Good. Then let's go,"

___________________________
Alrighty. So there SHOULD only be one more chapter after this one. Just what's going to happen with your parents and whatnot. So gear up for the big reveal!!

How you enjoyed this chapter!!

XX Shadow