Chapter 15

"It's been a nice night.", Rob looks at the tall man in front of him, his hands leaning against the door frame. For today it's gonna be goodbye, but tomorrow they'll see each other again, at the chamber. "I agree. Could've gone a little longer though", Jesse laughs, he's not ready for them to part their ways. It's like everything just started, and somehow that door falling shut would end it again. They're not ready. "Well I was about to prolong the evening, but there's this thing called rule 3", both start laughing, trying to just add some more seconds to their time together, but it's not meant to be. Rob must leave, and Jesse must stay alone at his cold, empty house. It's the way they do this, it's normal. "Genuinely thank you for this. I'll see you tomorrow then", Jesse talks his final goodbye, for today. They stare at each other awkwardly, not knowing if a kiss would be appropriate now. Of course both want it, but they're afraid if they do it now they'll never be able to say goodbye, so they settle for a hug. A very awkward hug.

As Rob turns around and leaves, Jesse watches him, again appreciating the mans whole figure. "Oh and Rob!", he stops him, causing the one walking away to turn around, "Please don't call Sjoerd again, for, you know what". Rob laughs, not able to comprehend how adorable Jesse is: "I won't". They share a last soft smile until the door finally closes, and the emptiness comes flowing in. That might've been a beautiful evening, but it doesn't change the fact that Jesse still has issues he has to deal with. He still has these fears, and these trust issues, and this anxiety. If he ever wants to establish a relationship he needs to keep it together, for their relationships sake.

————————————————————-

7:47 a.m in the chamber. Rob already took place in his seat, and can't stop thinking about the last few hours. How could he have ever doubted that Jesse is worth it? It might take longer, they might struggle more than other people, but if that's what it takes to experience a kiss like that again, he's ready for all of it. For the drama, the fights, the tension, everything to at least be able to enjoy the small things. Rob keeps thinking back to the way Jesse pulled him in, taking over the kiss, making him fall into a submission position. He likes it, even more than when he sees Jesse panic by his touch. But that side he already knew, the sweet and innocent one, now he feels like experiencing more of the spicy side. Once again the tables will turn, and the game takes another turn.

"Good morning Rob Jetten", he snaps out of his thoughttrain when he suddenly hears Jesses voice next to him. "Jesse Klaver! Nice to see you here", he tries to say in the most formal voice he can possibly fake. Acting like normal colleagues that somehow ended up sitting together, it's a fun game. Maybe it's Jesses first time dating someone, so he doesn't know it, but Rob's been through the whole secret-love thing before. To be fair, it's been ages, but he kinda missed it. The sneaking around, the underground kissing only within the own four walls, and the only meeting at night part, it's fun. "So how was the rest of your evening?", Jesse laughs, resting his hand on Robs knee, squeezing it.

"Oh, you know, I felt lonely", he scooches in closer to whisper in Jesses ear, "And horny". They both blush, smiling like two idiots, so the curl-head moves his hand further up, stopping right before his crutch: "So what did you do about it?", his iconic one-sided smirk marking his words, squeezing now even tighter. "Well I called Sjoerd of course!", Rob exclaims, resulting in Jesse taking off his hand and furthering the space between them. His eyes are watery, why does it feel like my heart broke. "I apologize! That was a joke! I promised you I wouldn't, I keep my promises. I did nothing. I just took a cold shower and went to bed, please, believe me!", Rob tries to make it right when he notices that his joke maybe came at the wrong time. The spot where just had his hand at now feeling empty and cold, he sure misses the touch. "I believe you".

The debate has started, and Jesse already feels like leaving. He can't think of politics right now anyways, not with the handsome man next to him. A man that only hours ago just gently caressed his neck. His head is spinning, and he decided to text him.

"What are you doing?"

The notification lights up on Robs screen, and he opens it immediately, giving Jesse an amused look.

"I'm doing my job. Not that you'd know what that is."

"I'm bored."

"Just listen to what Mark has to say. It's a very important topic!"

"Booooring"

"Fine. What should I do now?"

Jesse looks over to Rob and gives him a big smile. He's been wanting to do something like this for a while now. He might be a virgin, but he too has urges. He's thought about relationships before, with women, with men, for anyone for that matter. Still, he never got to do any of the things he thought about. With Rob on his side now a window of opportunity has opened up, and he's gonna take it. No excuses this time.

"I'm gonna leave now. In 5 minutes meet me in the bathroom. Don't be obvious about it ;)"

With that he pops a mint in his mouth and walks out of the chamber, leaving an amazed Rob behind. How is he supposed to wait 5 minutes when he gets an offer like this? With a pen, that he taps on his notebook in a steady rhythm, he keeps his eyes fixed on the clock, desperately watching the pointers move. He thought doing a one minute plank is hard, but this, for sure, is harder. When the clock finally turns, he jumps out of his seat, nearly joggs up the stairs and straight to the bathroom.

"I thought you wouldn't come", Jesse has been waiting for a while now, his curls looking messier than before. "Did you splash water in your hair?", Rob can't help but laugh at him. It's nice to see him trying, usually men that old don't put in any effort anymore. It's one-night stand after one-night stand, and even the quality of aftercare has gone down. Jesse however was different, he cared. "Does it look bad?", he's insecure again. Frantically he tries to fix his hair in the bathroom mirror, pulling on the sides and scrunching through it. Rob however finds it adorable, so he grabs Jesse by the collar, pushes him in, and pulls at his hair. "It looks sexy", he whispers, before he yanks him into another make out scene.

Again their lips crush together, spreading tingles through their whole bodies. It's been too long, but still their lips appear to be carved out for each other. Jesse needs to take a grip at the sink, almost stumbling backwards as Rob pushes him back, his hands full of the fabric of the clear white shirt. "I missed this", he mumbles between their lips, closing the gap immediately after. Motivated by his words Jesse grabs him by the hips, turns them around so Robs lower body smashes against the sink, and bites on his lower lip, resulting Rob to moan deeply into the kiss. They're panting, unable to catch enough air to proceed. It's too much, the tension, too much. Their chests rise and fall against each other, their grips on each other loosening. "You're an aggressive kisser, you know that?", Rob breathes against him, the hot air leaving an imprint on Jesses lips. But he doesn't even bother to look at him, as he unlocks his phone to look at the time. "Leave in 2", and with that he leaves the bathroom, letting Rob behind, panting and covered in sweat. That devil.