Adrien

"Not that I'm not glad to see you, but I wish we could go a day or two without having to suit up." Ladybug gave me a tired smile, starting to swing her yoyo.

"Well puuursonally, I'm enjoying all this extra time with you!" I smirked at my pun before grabbing my stick and holding it out in front of me, ready for whatever she needed.

"Kitty, get your head out of the clouds! I think it's best to just distract him so that one of us can break the bracelet, assuming that's where the akuma is again." She instructed.

"I'll distract him! I love August bonding time!" I volunteered. Together, we jumped into action, Ladybug swinging closer to do get the bracelet, and me jumping down onto one of the boats. "Hey there bud! Playing with the boats today I see,"

I kept August distracted, watching Ladybug out of the corner of my eye as she slowly got closer to the bracelet. Just a few more seconds and.... She had gotten it! She threw it down to me, and I cataclysmed it, releasing the akuma. As It fluttered away, Ladybug de-evilized it and set everything back to normal with her magic ladybugs.

"Pound it!" I exclaimed, jumping next to her and holding out my fist. She bumped it with hers and smiled.

"Well Kitty, I'd better be off I have to get back to- '' Suddenly, she was cut off by screaming in the distance. "What!!!??? Another???!!! Come on Shadowmoth, you think you could give us a break once and a while???!!!" she screamed at the sky.

"Wow, M'Lady's feisty today." I laughed.

"I just feel like akumatizations are becoming so common I never have time for anything else! I can't remember the last solid hour of sleep I got! It's just too much!" I could feel my heart sink. I'd been feeling like that too, having to use more and more makeup to cover up my dark circles during photoshoots, but never thought about how it was affecting her. I felt like a terrible person.

"I know it's tough. Right now, let's just focus on defeating this person, and then we can rest. Maybe take a few minutes to just talk or something before we go back to our other lives."

"Yeah, okay." She agreed, and swung towards the screams with me close behind her. We quickly transformed so she could have another lucky charm before taking down the akumatized person. It took longer than August, but after about an hour of fighting, we were finally done and Ladybug was able to call the ladybugs to fix the damage.

Together we slunked over to the nearest rooftop, so ready to sit down. We didn't even talk, just sat leaning on each other. I wished I was able to do something to help her. We would never defeat Shadowmoth if we were zombies. Wait.

"M'Lady!" She turned her head to me, alarmed by my sudden outburst. "What if this is his plan! I mean, Shadowmoth can't seriously be planning to defeat us with some random angry citizen. It's never worked before, why should it start now?! What if he's trying to wear us down until we just can't do it anymore? Then he'll come himself to take our miraculouses, and there won't be anything we can do to stop him!"

"That's... terrifying. Mostly because it's probably true. Chat, what do we do? We're stuck! We can't just let this happen!" Her mask was wrinkled, like she was scrunching her eyebrows together under it, and she had already stood up and started to pace.

"Calm down! We'll find a way to fix it. We always do, remember?" I told her, tilting her head so she'd look at me. "We just have to get to him first."

"If we could focus on finding out who he is instead of fighting akumatized people, then we could confront him at a time when we're at our best. On our terms." Ladybug said, and I could tell she was deep in thought. "He could be practically anyone in Paris! How are we going to find him? And how will we find the time? We can't just stop fighting."

"Well maybe if we got Rena Rouge and Carapace to cover for us!"

"But they'd need me to de-evilize the akuma and set everything back to normal." She pointed out.

"Well maybe they could just call you in for that part really quick, and you could spend the rest of your time researching? I mean, it's better than nothing." She considered for a moment.

"It's not ideal... but it might work. It might be better to give someone the ladybug miraculous, but I'm not sure I feel comfortable with that. I guess I'll talk to Rena Rouge and Carapace tonight. Thanks Kitty."

"Always, M'Lady."