Marinette

I swung back to my house to call Alya and have her fill Nino in on the plan. Even though it had been a gigantic risk, telling Alya that I was Ladybug had helped so much. She covered for me in class and filled me in on what I'd missed. Not to mention it made getting in contact with Rena Rouge a lot easier.

The phone only rang twice before she picked up.

"Hey, girl! What's up?"

"I have some info for the Ladyblog!" I told her with a smile. This had become our code, since half the time she was with Nino, who didn't know my identity.

"Don't worry, I'm alone. What's going on?"

"We know who Hawkmoth is. Well, we're almost sure. The next time there's an akuma Chat and I are going to search his house and catch him in the act, then take him down. We need you two to take care of the akuma, then come to his house if we call to say it is him. We'll need backup."

"Mari, slow down. Who is he?"

"Gabriel Agreste." It felt so good to say it out loud.. It was almost painful holding it in. I wanted to shout the name to the streets, tell everyone what he'd done, but this was the way it had to be done. But at the same time, I longed for the days when Shadowmoth was just a mysterious man in a mask.

"WHAT?! Do you think Adrien knows? He can't be in on it, right!? Oh my gosh, Mari, this is insane." That's when it hit me. Gabriel Agreste. As in, Adrien's dad. I don't know why I hadn't realized before. I had been so preoccupied with Chat that there was nothing else on my mind. Adrien couldn't know, he was too sweet and caring to ever do something like that, but it would destroy him when he found out.

"I, I don't think so. I feel so bad for him, but we have to finish this. Tell Nino the plan and be ready at any moment. Your miraculouses are safe, right?" I had given Alya and Nino their miraculouses to keep, partly because it made things easier, and partly because I knew I could trust them.

"Of course. I have mine right here."

"Good. Make sure you're ready."

The day after our conversation, the akuma alert went off at school. Ayla and I broke off from the group, running to the bathroom together. Her eyes were set, ready for whatever we might end up facing. After we transformed, we split up so she could find Carapace and fight off the akumatized person. I swung to the roof to meet Chat.

He was already standing on the edge when I got there, and gave me a weak smile when he saw me.

"You ready M'lady?" He held out his hand, and I took it in mine, squeezing tight,

"Always."