Chp. 3 - Meeting New People

Time Skip (the boys and Teresa escaped and have been in the desert for a few days)
It was night when everyone was sleeping until Thomas started to stir. Not fully awake things seem blurry that and the lack of energy he has. In the distance he could see lights and he sat up and turned to the boys hitting Newt on the shoulder "guys" he croaked out, his voice being hoarse because they ran out of water. Eventually everyone woke up and saw the lights, when they heard thunder and looked back to see a nasty storm start to form. They all quickly grabbed their bags and started to run towards the lights. "Hurry" Thomas shouted with the boys all yelling and the rising of the storm becoming worse. BAM! Mihno gets struck by lightning "MIHNO" Thomas and Newt shout going back to quickly grab their friend. They quickly grabbed him and brought him inside. They all check on him until he wakes up and asks "what happened" everyone lets out breathes of relief . When suddenly someone asked "what's that smell?" They all quickly notice it and once Thomas grabs his flashlight he points it in a random direction when a crank on a chain tries to tackle him. They all take a step back startled when the lights turn on and they realize they are surrounded. "Like our guard dogs?" Brenda steps out but no one knew who she was. She scanned the group when she saw a face that looked familiar. She turned around and started to walk back but quickly realized they weren't following so she turned back around to look at them and ask "well are you coming?" Reluctantly one by one they started to follow her.

As they are walking though the building they enter a room filled with people all looking at them for they have not seen new people for a while. Everyone looks around warily at the new scenery. They finally enter a room with a guy working on what looks like a gadget. "We got new people." Brenda says. Jorge turns around and looks at them. "Ok. Three questions. Who are you? Where did you come from? Who do you work for and how can I profit?" Jorge says. A boy with black short hair answers saying "Well what if we don't answer." To which Jorge looks at Brenda and she grabs a scanner before pushing Thomas to the ground and scanning his neck while all the boys start to shout. "Oh don't be a baby" Brenda says. The scanner reads A2. She looks at Jorge and says "Group A. Rorys group" Everyone except Thomas, Teresa, and Aris perk up at the name Brenda said. "Rory? Is that like a nickname?" Newt asks. "Yes it does for a girl named Aurora. I bet you know her." Jorge says stepping further. "We do. Where is she? Can we see her?" The guy with black hair says again. "First what are your names?" Jorge asks. "That's private." The black hair boy replies. "Well then Brenda why don't you show them a little place where they can I don't know hang out."