Chp. 5 - The Right Arm

As they were driving Gavin was seated next to Aurora with his arm around her shoulder. She was asleep with her head in his chest. "So how did you and Aurora meet?" Newt asked Gavin with a certain protectiveness. "Oh well I just ran from wicked and I found that place and ran into Rory." He replies not at all fazed by any of the boys. "So do you have any intentions with her?" Minho asked. "No none." Gavin replies half lying because he liked her and of course wanted something in the future with her where they would be more than friends but didn't want it to come off wrong. Through out the rest of the car ride the boys started to relax a little more with Gavin but they still would watch where his hands were and ask questions here and there.

At the feeling of the car stopping Aurora woke up. "Hey sleepy head." Gavin says. Aurora blushes a bit but tries to hide it as they get out of the car but it didn't go unnoticed by George who raised is eyebrows in suspicion. They all look around looking for anything but they seem to be at a dead end with a bunch of abandoned cars. Gavin takes a precaution and takes out his gun while Aurora opens her hands so a purple glow is surrounding them while her eyes turn purple as they inspect things. Thomas looks at one of the cars and sees a bullet hole and just as he is about to touch it gunshots are fired at them. Everyone quickly takes cover while with Aurora and Gavin they both jump behind a bush and Aurora grabbing Gavins hand and turning both of them invisible. After the gunshots finish Jorge tells Thomas about a grenade when two girls step out of hiding holding guns and constructs them to come out. Once everyone is out except Gavin and Aurora they look for the other two and when they can't find them the blond once says "there were two more of you where are they?" That's when everyone except Jorge and Brenda realize that Gavin and Aurora aren't there. As they are about what looks like to shoot them Aurora and Gavin step out from the bush before turning visible again. Startled both girls fire at them but Aurora puts a shield up protecting both of them. "Well for someone who was just looking for us you would think they want us alive isn't that right Gavin." Aurora says and Gavin smirks and nods. Aris starts to put two and two together and quickly realize that these girls were from his maze as the same time as the girls figure out to." Aris?" Harriet asks "Harriet? Sonya?" Aris asks. They pull down their masks and put their guns down and hug Aris leaving everyone confused. "Uh what's happening?" Minho asks. "They were in the maze with me." Aris replies. Sonya turns around and makes a loud whistle signaling that it's alright. Everyone who was hidden quickly comes out while Brenda starts to feel light headed and wobbles a bit concerning Aurora who looks at her as to ask 'are you ok' to which Brenda replies with a small nod. They all get in two cars and drive off. As they are explaining things they question about Aurora who tells them her story and they find it fascinating. They also question Gavin who explains how he was the only person who made it out of his maze and how the grievers killed everyone else. And after about 15 minutes they pull up to a gate where they are let into the right arm.