you cheeky fucker!

you don't know Damon... but you do after this party!

I was at a party that Alex had invited me to. He didn't have that many friends and so I was one of his only options. It was quite boring at first, but I kept myself within his distance so I would feel more safe - I didn't know anyone here and I did trust Alex, he's always been there for me, ever since high school.

"Damon's comin' soon!" Alex shouted just loud enough above the loud booming music but it was good music which was good so I bobbed my head to a few lyrics on some songs I've recollected. I squinted, trying to drown out Alex's words and I lean in to catch another word from his loud mouth.

"Who!" I shouted the same loudness as his, I still couldn't hear him!

Alex finally had enough and pressed his mouth against my ear and said it less loudly, "Damon is coming soon!"

I got a few goosebumps, his name made me have some butterflies, but I ignored them. I have heard of Damon, but I've never seen him in the flesh. They say he is 'top' notch at football, he done a boy's shin in once apparently, and he's a lady's man.. I hope that doesn't mean he's what I think he is..

"Right!" I giggled as I nodded slowly at Alex now taking a sip from his beer and offering me some. I took the offer kindly and held it on my lap, not drinking it yet. We were sat relatively close on a sofa that probably had loads of litter and other people's shit on it, but there wasn't much light so we had no clue. It was a small sofa. A few people in the room, smoking, drinking with us but they had their own conversation loudly above the music.

"Wheyyy!" the crowd cheered as I looked over to the door and some people got pushed. A tall-ish dirty blonde boy shoved through and jumps his way quickly into the room I'm with Alex in. He ran over while breathing heavy after he just got shoved, and he blew his hair out the way.

Is that Damon? Popular, isn't he? Mmh.

"Is this your bird?" Damon shouted, walking into the living room. His voice was muffled over the music and Alex frowned and laughed. I do the same. How dare he!

"No, do I look like a slice of cheese? I'm not his bird, you cheeky fucker! I'm [Y/N]," I shouted softly at Damon and he throws his head back and laughs a whole lot. I hit him on the arm but he still looks incredibly happy to my joke. It's not that funny, but he seems nice.

"I like her, she's funny!" Damon giggled and points to me, he takes my beer bottle from my hand on the armrest. Oh, I guess that's his now..

*

Alex and I had been here for around an hour and Damon here for half that. I was sitting on my own in the kitchen drinking someone else's beer, no thought about it being spiked. I saw some red lipstick stains around the top but at least I knew it was a girl, that comforted me in a way, wouldn't want any old blokes beer.

I looked around the kitchen, the lights a deep blue colour and a couple kissing and eating each other's mouths  in front of the fridge. Get a room! I say jokingly in my head. I hopped myself off the counter and drop onto the floor.

I needed to find Alex, Damon was my last worry, he was probably so drunk out of his mind, well, of what his first impressions say. I pushed myself harshly through the almost empty kitchen now passing a lot of drunk 21 year olds. Some may even be younger.. That's definite.

I thought I passed through Damon once as he patted my shoulder as I heard my name, but I thought it's someone drunk, or my mind so I ignored them.

I was upstairs and everything was so unfamiliar, I stumbled slowly, realising I could hear something I didn't want to hear.