half english breakfast

I woke up next to Damon, as I always do. It was a pleasure to wake up to him, being around him just was everything I could ever ask for.

I shuffle out of bed and stumble awkwardly to the end-suite. Oh no, don't say I've started. I shut the door quietly trying not to wake him. Having an bathroom in your room is very handy, it's quite underrated.

I take my knickers off and look down almost expecting this time of the month. Fuck. I let out a quiet sigh and reached behind me for some tampons, I looked on top of the toilet and quickly took one out, I'm running low, shit!

I did what I had to do and let it another big sigh, for fucks sake. Now I had to walk awkwardly outside the bathroom to change my underwear, thankfully my oversized pyjama top covered me. I shuffle over to my chest of draws and pick out his boxers that I stole, I change into them and go back into the bathroom to put the red ones into the laundry basket. I hated when I was on my period, my periods have always been bad and I don't like feeling groggy all the time.

~~~~

Damon finally woke up as I was downstairs making some breakfast for him. He stumbled down the stairs rubbing his eyes and he smiled at me cooking. I wasn't hungry but all I wanted was tropical juice, I had the weirdest cravings.

"Smells nice!" Damon giggled as he walked down the stairs smelling something for him, "did you sleep well?"

"Mhm, what about you love?" I asked as I turned that hob off and now let the bacon cool down. The eggs were now starting to bubble and so I took the pan and started scooping the eggs down to the plate. They dropped quietly and I quickly disrupt the orange yolk so they're runny. He liked them like that!

"Perfect. I slept like a baby," Damon laughed as he sat on the stool of the breakfast bar, his head resting on his hand. I put the bacon beside the eggs and I sprinkle the plate with a few dots of pepper and salt. I turned around holding the plate and place it in front of him, Damons eyes light up.

"For me!" he said in awe as I smile softly and nod, "thankyou love!"

He looked so tired but in a good way, he had a better sleep than me. Damon looked up from his food and looks up me for a few seconds smiling.

"What's wrong love, you still tired or somethin'?" Damon muttered and started eating his breakfast, I made myself comfy on the stool diagonal to him.

"Oh Damon, I feel shit! I've got a headache. My fuckin'... stomach hurts.." I said in agony now as my cramps get the best of me, that really hurt..

"Oh love, it's not....your time is it?" he suggested quietly holding sympathy on his bottom lip. I nodded grumbly trying not to admit it but it comes out anyway.

"Oh don't be embarrassed. There's nothing to be embarrassed about my love, it's normal. I'll treat you extra well for a couple days, okay?" Damon said softly smiling and putting his hand on mine that's around my glass of tropical juice.

I smiled and I reached over to him for a kiss, he accepts it and smiles into it.

"Thank you, love, I do love you to the moon and back, Mr Albarn." I giggle as I get up from my stool and turn around to do the washing.

"No, Mrs Albarn, I love you more!" he giggled as he took more bites from his half English breakfast, I didn't have enough energy to do the rest of the traditional recipe.

I looked around to him as my eyes go wide.. Mrs Albarn? He smiled sweetly.  What?

——-

I was laying on the sofa with Damon cuddled up beside me. We were watching the tv as Damon ate some popcorn. Obviously, I didn't eat any, my entire appetite had left me completely..

We were supposed to go to the cinema today, but he cancelled because of me, I still felt so bad. I felt so bad turning down plans with Damon, he said I never should ever be sorry but I'm just way too sympathetic and soft.

Damon had asked me earlier when the animal show would be on, I looked at the clock just above the tv and I grasped the remote from his lap that was huddled up to me. I change it over a few channels and he stopped chewing, about to ask what I'm doing.

"Oooo! Thank you! You know I do love this program!" Damon laughed as he finishes that bit of popcorn. He watched the lions go and catch their prey in the wild and he lets out a little chuckle when I giggled. His giggle turned to a cough, I think a bit of seed got stuck in his throat.

"Oi!" Damon giggled as he chokes more, he hits his chest thinking that will work. I lean to my right and kiss the top of his head and the coughing seemed to stop.

"You alright now?" I asked laughing quietly, he looks up to me and smiles, nodding.

We watched it for a while as Damon remained mesmerised at the animals habitats. He loved animals, always will, always has. He wants a labrador, but I am a cat person, I guess I'll have to surprise him one day.

"What does being on a period feel like?" Damon adjusted his position to hug my arm tighter, I smile a bit.

"They're more painful than you think. It's hell for a few days or more. You get cramps and they feel like a really bad stomach ache and then the fucking cramps can lead to you feeling sick and god that's horrible. Remember that time where I thre-" I began as he nods my sentence away because we both still feel sick from that day, "You get headaches and you loose a lot of blood.. a lot.." I started another tangent about how tomorrow is my second day and that's the worst for me. He looked up to me with puppy eyes and drops his bottom lip again.

"Is it really that bad, that's hell.." he said sadly, looking up in my eyes and resting his head on my shoulder.

"Yeah love. On bad days, it's twice as worse as that.."

~~~~

After I finished sorting myself out in the toilet, I walked out and stumbled over to the bed. I didn't want to wear pyjama bottoms tonight but I had no other choice.

"Sorry, love" I said quietly as I crawled over the covers and let myself in. I instantly felt warm, just from being with him.

"What are you sorry for?" he said looking into my eyes softly, I disappointed him I thought.

"I've turned down our plans, I'm sorry, Damon" I snuggled close to him and he started playing with my hair. He tucked the duvet over me and I felt even warmer again.

"Don't be sorry for something you can't help, love. You're okay, I can wait" Damon spoke quietly again as he held my face with his hand, I shuffle closer to him and enter his hug. I love him so much.

"Okay, Damon. I love you!" I giggled as he keeps his close, he solves all my troubles.