crème brûlée

I woke up to the smell of vanilla— and the sound of a whisk whirring incorrectly. It kept stopping and starting. What a lovely way to wake up.. Not with a kiss nor a bed-in-breakfast situation, or even massage  of some sort..

The wonderful surprise of the vanilla scent was lingering in my room, it had been from travelling up the stairs. I do like vanilla so this wasn't a bad "surprise"

After getting dressed, well, not really, just brushing my teeth and rolling sleeves up to my buttoned shirt, I walked slowly downstairs and rubbed my eyes. I was so tired, but today was exciting! What was Damon making? As my big day, I should've made more of an effort to look nice, but Damon didn't mind what I wore, as long as he got to tear it off me in the nights...

"Love, you're up!" he giggled as he rushed over to me at the end of the stairs, I fell into his arms and he hugged me so tight, he still smelt of vanilla, "Good morning, baby."

"Did I wake you up?" he said, mumbling against my chest. I smiled into his hair, smelling of vanilla and a little bit of clinging smoke.

I was a little bit higher up than him, being on a few steps up from the floor, so I could hug his head more that the rest of him, his hair was so soft, he had just washed it. Thankfully! His head was resting in my neck and chest, I could feel he was kissing it so gently. Moments like this I had to cherish because A. he rarely washed his hair so it was nice and soft, and B. I never was taller than him, not even with my highest heels, and so this occurrence was a pleasure.

"No." he did, "What's the ti—" I still hugged his head as I mumbled what I was intending to ask. He cut me off, almost as if he knew what I was saying.

"6:30 something.."

He stopped kissing my neck and then kissed me on my nose gently, I wondered why he was in a good mood, maybe for my birthday. I pulled him back and keep him closer, but he wrapped his arms under my legs and picked me up, I laughed, letting him take me to wherever he wanted.

He walked into the kitchen again, and I sighed with relief as he dropped me on the counter, beside the bowl of mixture. That was where the vanilla smell was from! So strong. He walked off before coming back to me.

"What are you making?"

"Crème brûlée.." Damon giggled, scrunching his nose with flour on it, he was so adorable. He pronounced the French food with a very exaggerated French accent. It wasn't bad to be honest, Alex would probably have corrected him, but he wasn't there, so it didn't matter.

He came back over and I pulled him closer again, loving the musky smell he had smelt of. Musky and vanilla. Ah! I wanted to savour this man for my life but he somehow always manages to slip from my grip..

He tried to leave my embrace and he did successfully because he needed to open the cupboard above me- where the bread was. He stuck his tongue in his cheek, looking for bread to eat, supposedly for breakfast. He looked down to me, still clinging onto him, as if I was the bread he was looking for, I blushed. "Birthday girl, you're, what, 24 today?"

I was 24 indeed. I scoffed again, still blushing as I looked at him take the bread down from the cupboard. He smiled at me, and I noticed he had a few speckles of cream on his cheeks, they looked like white freckles. Adorable.

He then went to the plug on the wall, and tried to attempt to do the whisk again. "That means... 24 kisses, 24 hugs and—"

All of a sudden there was cream everywhere, the cupboards, him! Everything was covered. I couldn't help but laugh. Everything happened so quickly, he was covered in mixture.

It stopped after we laughed together. He laughed so hard, trying to forget this mistake. His laughs always warmed my heart. My second present today, seeing him was my first present, and his laugh was my second gift.

Today really wasn't going very well.. I was hoping he'd made it up to me. He did...

I dipped my finger in the mixture, and I put it in my mouth. Damon looked over to me, blushing and still laughing from the incident.

"Stop eating it love, it's a surprise." he softly giggled to himself. He attempted to get the electrical whisk to work again but it whirred uncontrollably but he stopped it before any other mugs or people (us) could be smothered in cream again.

I coughed, it was so unbelievably strong! "God, that's so sweet! How much vanilla extract did you put in? It's not much of a surprise darling, it's all on the walls!!"

"Just the bottle? I thought two bottles would be too much—"

"Damon! You only use a tiny bit!"

"Fuck." he whispered under his breath.

He looked so disappointed, he put the whisk down and leaned against the cupboards that were under the sink. He crossed his legs and looked at me, arms folded, as if to say "what am I supposed to do now?"

"Have you ever baked before?"

"Yes." he seemed proud of that answer.

"You clearly haven't made creme brûlées..."

He looked a little nervous, he looked like he was getting told off by a teacher, but I smiled and then he did too. I hopped off the surface and shuffled over to him, holding my hands on either side of his waist.

"This was— is for your birthday." he voice shivered and I felt so sorry for him. He looked down on me, and he put his rough hands either side of my cheeks. He was trying, and his try was the best I could ask for. A present to me was just to be in his presence. I loved him so dearly.

"I only want you for my birthday—" I giggled and leant up to kiss him on the lips, but something stopped him though. He leant away, concentrated on my lips.

He looked at my eyes, my lips and then wiped something off the corner of my lips and put his finger in his mouth.

"Little bit of creme brûlée, that's all..."

"Creme brûlée?" I felt insecure due to the way he studied me, but then he kissed me to make up for it.

It really went everywhere...

"Are you going to help me, or not?" he giggled and turned to the bowl full of mess. Of course I was..

Throughout making the crème brûlée from scratch again, he had his hand on my waist the whole time. I practically did most of the work, but he often had his fingers in the mixture to try it.

"It tastes... " I began speaking, sitting on the counter again. My hair was in a higher bun, I had to redo it, I was less tired, and lets just say we left the crème brûlée to cool down, even though it didn't need to cool.. for a bit too long. That was my third present today.

"Like shit?" he winced. He had his hands on my thighs as he listened to my opinions throughly.

"Like vanilla and... caramel." I took a taste from the spoon, trying to explain the taste, it wasn't the nicest one I had, but I looked at his face, it was discerned, "No, it's nice."

"Oh."

"Do you want some?" I smiled at him, his eyes were so blue and irresistible. He teased his lips against mine, but I kissed them before he could tease any longer.

How many more kisses left out of 24?