Gallbladder/Stones

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

The gallbladder is a small pear -pouch shaped like organ on the right side of your abdomen tucked right underneath your liver. It's job is to store and realise a fluid called bile. Bile breaks down fat.
It's a substance made by the liver.
When you eat, your gallbladder sends that bile through ducts to your small intestine to help you digest food

•·················•·················•

What causes gallstones?
Gallstones are thought to develop because of an imbalance in the chemical make-up of bile inside the gallbladder. In most cases the levels of cholesterol in bile become too high and the excess cholesterol forms into stones.

Gallstones can range in size from as small as a grain of sand to as large as a golf ball. You can have one large gallstone, dozens to hundreds of smaller gallstones, or a combination of both large and small stones.

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤
════════════════════════

════════════════════════Cholesterol stones: Cholesterol stones are the result of bile that is made of too much cholesterol or bilirubin and not enough bile salts

Cholesterol stones:
Cholesterol stones are the result of bile that is made of too much cholesterol or bilirubin and not enough bile salts.1 Cholesterol stones may also form when the gallbladder fails to empty during the digestive process. These usually yellow-green gallstones are the most common type.

Pigment stones:
People who develop pigment stones are typically people who have cirrhosis of the liver, biliary tract infections, and hereditary blood disorders, including sickle cell anemia.2 These are all conditions that cause too much bilirubin, which is what the stones are made of. Pigment stones tend to be dark brown or black.