3

Purpled was dreading going back to school. His friends had been particularly aggressive last Friday which only ended in him sitting there and taking every 'joke'. Not only would he have to talk to his friends but because he had not yet made a deal Theseus would have to come along and despite being invisible to everyone but still he had an invisible demon probably following him all day.

Purpled sighed deeply as he pulled on his purple sweatshirt, it was soft, Purpled's favorite shade, and it was painstakingly hand stitched by his older brother for his Home Ec final project. Grabbing his laptop and stuffing it into his bag he walked down the stairs and called for Theseus. Theseus didn't wander over instead he burst into flame and smoke and appeared next to him.

"Are you going to do that all the time?"

"No, only when I know I can catch you off guard, big man,"

"You're so annoying," Purpled said not noticing the small flinch coming from the demon. Purpled walked off to his car followed very closely by Theseus.

"You ready for school?" Theseus asked purpled as he began the drive to school.

"Barely, I kind of don't even want to go today,"

"Then don't?"

"You're centuries old so I don't expect you to realize this but I can't just not go to school cause I don't feel like going."

Theseus mumbled something Purpled couldn't hear and Purpled decided not to push.

Purpled parked the car before grabbing his bag from the back seat and walking into the school quickly. If he was lucky the line in front of the cafeteria wouldn't be too long and he'd be able to grab a fruit parfait before class otherwise he'd be stuck with whatever he can get from a vending machine during passing period.

Of course luck is never on his side and he groans slightly before going to the nearest vending machine and buying a honeybun for breakfast and a drink to wash down the sticky syrup that coated the snack.

Looking around he saw all his friends sitting at the round table they always did. Walking over he waved slightly and asked what everyone did over the weekend. Of course they all hung out together, he'd seen it on their instagrams. He didn't mention it but listened carefully to how they phrased everything. As he did that Theseus took note of each person, their names, and their dynamics.

Genevieve was a tan girl with long blonde hair and deep blue eyes that resembled ice. She was basically the friend group leader along with her 'wonderful' boyfriend Kevin who she was cheating on with Gabriel.

Kevin was a varsity football player with brown hair and brown eyes. He was plain looking and the only real feature he had was a mole under his left eye. He was loyal to a fault though and despite being the leader of the friend group was more of a follower.

Gabriel was Kevin's best friend who is helping Genevieve cheat on Kevin. Gabriel is a varsity football player and is Kevin's childhood friend. What a pity he threw it all away for a girl who wasn't even all that. With black hair and hooded eyes Gabriel was much more interesting to look at than Kevin.

Carly is a short black haired black girl. She knew Genevieve from Cheer but other than that she didn't really have a connection with anyone else seeing as it was her first year at this school.

Theresa was a brunette with a bob. She was captain of the tennis team but didn't seem to care for the sport unless she was talking about the scholarships that might come with it.

Ally was a tall red head with sparkles of freckles covering her entire body. She was a volleyball player with a penchant for being just a bit too smug. She wasn't too mean but she definitely instigated half the 'jokes' purpled was subjected too.

And finally Theseus noted Purpled himself. Purpled was a tall brunette who wasn't on any sport team and if anything was just there to be a punching bag. Perhaps they let him stay cause his brothers were popular sports figures but nonetheless if Purpled did end up making the deal the first thing that Theseus would do was crash this friend group apart. It was toxic to everyone involved.

"Purpled, you'll never guess what I got you from my trip to that smoothie place in Maine, that's right I got you a gift card! I know right! Of course that smoothie place is the only location currently but I figured I'd do something nice for you," Carly was new but she was the nicest one out of the entire friend group.

"Thanks Carly, I'll be sure to bring it with me if I ever visit Maine," Purpled says as he carefully goes to grab the card from her hand. Just like that though the bell for first period starts and he's swept away as he goes through the motions.

First period is nice. Second period he forgot his homework on his desk at home and is getting docked points, Third is busy and dizzyingly confusing. Fourth is nice though. And just like that it's lunch time. Purpled is forced once again to go and hang out with his friends. It hasn't been that bad today though so maybe they're trying to make up for last week. Grabbing his lunch quickly he makes his way to lunch the luckily last time for the day he'd have to deal with his friends.

"Purpled, did you hear about Dream? He's getting a documentary about him made," Genevieve says as soon as he sits down. Of course Purpled already knew his brother was getting a documentary made after him he had gotten an excited call from the elder last weekend.

"Too bad he's a cheater, I mean really who'd be able to actually do all the stunts he does, it's all fake," Kevin says as he opens his water bottle to take a sip.

"Yeah, but at least it's entertaining to watch him cheat, unlike Punz. He's just bad," Gabriel agrees.

Purpled tried, he really did but they're talking bad about his brothers in front of him. They want a reaction, he knows they want a reaction. He takes a breath and continues to eat.

"Punz isn't that bad you just don't like that he's not as showy as Dream," Carly tell them.

"I don't like either of them, they just show off and then hate on people when they ask simple questions, besides they're brothers if they're going to cheat they'll probably help each other do it," Ally comments slyly,

"They're brothers?" Gabriel asks

"Well they have the same last name, Lullaby," Ally explains

"Isn't that Purpled's last name though?" Carly says questioningly and cringes as soon as she says it.

"Yeah, they're my brothers," Purpled says as he eats his last apple slice.

The table is silent for a good few moments before Genevieve mumbles something that Purpled can't hear but judging by the laughter that comes from the others at the table it was about him.

"I'll see you guys later, I just remembered I had to print something at the library before my next class period," Purpled says as he grabs his bag and tray.

"See you tomorrow Purpled," Carly says. She's the only one to acknowledge his leaving.

"See you tomorrow Carly," Purpled says as he walks off. He puts his tray away before going to hide in the bathroom for the rest of the lunch period. He texts his brothers that he's not feeling well and is going to sign out and go home. Dream understands and Punz fusses over him slightly before telling him it's fine.

Purpled signs out before walking to his car. He throws his bag in the back seat and puts the key into the ignition before almost screaming as Theseus burst into flames and appears in the passenger seat.

"So, want to get tacos on the way home?" Theseus said leaning back against the seat.

"Depends will I look crazy talking to air in the drive through window?"

"I can make myself appear human so it just looks like we're hanging out?"

"Then yes, we can get tacos on the way home," Purpled does not think of the way he refers to his house as not just his home but Theseus as well. Instead he thinks of what kind of taco he wants to get for lunch since he only ate half of it before escaping.