7 Parents

Once we finished eating we said good night to each other and I went back into my trunk. I levitated all of the clothes and shoes I had bought and put them neatly away in my closet. It took a while.

When I finished I went back to the porch to grab all of the Quidditch supplies, I can't wait to play with it tomorrow! I put it all away into the training room. I then went back out to the porch and let Athena out of her cage before levitating the cage, perch, food and the box from Gringotts before grabbing my parents portrait to my chest and going to the kitchen to put Athena's food away. I then made my way over to my bedroom.

When I got there I put the the cage and perch beside one of my bedroom windows. I then put the box on the desk and laid the portrait on my bed. When I was done Athena hooted and flew over to the perch before falling asleep. She must have been quite tired, the only reason I wasn't passed out on my bed was because I was used to doing chores all day long without getting much food. Every. Single. Day. So this was practically nothing and since I used my magic to help me plus had a big dinner it was quite easy.

I looked at my parents portrait in dread, I had been stalling, it was time to talk to them before going to bed. I took it and walked over to my office, hanging it up on a wall I sat in the chair, taking a deep breath I unfroze the picture. It was going to be a long night.

James P.O.V.

I blinked when I saw a small girl curled up on the chair in front of me, looking around I noticed lily was staring at her as well. Who is she? My question was answered a second later when the girl spoke up.

"Hi mom, hi dad, it's me, Hailey." said the girl softly on the verge of tears.

My mouth hung open, Prongslet? No, it couldn't be, she should only be about a year and a half old. We weren't supposed to be frozen for long, only a month or two at most. Lily seemed to be thinking the same as me before she spoke up, "Baby? Honey, is that you? You're so big now." She said sadly.

"Yeah, it's me mom," she sniffed.

Why is she so small? she looks underfed........

"Prongslet, why are you so malnourished? Aren't Sirius and Remus taking care of you? they would never let you get so underweight." I questioned, confused and wanting answers.

She looked at me tilting her head in confusion, "I lived with the Dursley's until this morning when Mr. Snape came and got me away from there. I sent him a letter when I found his address in one of mom's old books." She said, sadly.

Lily exploded, "are you telling me my no good magic hating sister raised you???!!" She yelled at the top of her voice.

Hailey curled into herself even further before squeaking out, " yes!"

I felt a pang of unbelievable sadness and anger course through me. Lily looked livid. We both knew how Petunia would get when anything 'abnormal' happened.

"So where are Sirius and Remus? Not to mention your other godparents." I asked again, wanting to where they could possibly be.

"I went to Diagon Alley for the first time today and went to Gringotts. When I took the inheritance tests it said that Sirius is wrongly imprisoned. He is in jail right now for betraying us, I don't know anything about Remus other than him being one of my godfathers." She answered quietly, though her voice rang throughout the room.

"How??!" I demanded, "Sirius would never betray us!!!" I basically screamed.

But then the information properly sunk in. Oh, she said wrongly imprisoned. Why wasn't this found out at his trial though?

Lily seemed to be close to tears, can't blame her. Prongslet looks scared at our yelling, we must have frightened her.

Hailey's P.O.V.

I hugged my knees to my chest tears pooling in my eyes. it time to confess what I had to endure when I was in the Dursley's care.

I'm dreading their reaction but I took a deep breath and the words poured out of my mouth. "I have b-been at the Dursley's since you d-died. I t-thought my n-name was F-Freak until I found mom's old j-journal in the a-attic when I was c-cleaning. I h-had to do a lot of c-chores for as long as I can r-remember. I-I was b-beaten and s-starved a lot when I-I preformed freakishness."

Then my mouth snapped shut and I
stared at the floor, suddenly taking a lot of interest at the floor rug. I heard sharp intakes of breath.

"Oh baby, you're not a freak. You're our angel," a sad voice said and I knew they were close to tears as well.

Something wet slid down my cheek, I was crying.

"T-Thank you, t-that means a l-lot to m-me," I sniffed.

"I sent letters to someone named Amelia Bones and Andromeda Tonks when I was at Gringotts. A goblin and Mr. Snape helped me. They said that they are good people and will get me away from the Dursley's and get Sirius out of jail." I told them wiping away my tears, and trying to change the subject. Mom and dad should not be seeing me cry I am strong!

"That's good, those people will help you, you can trust them," mom said soothingly, I nodded.

"Now, why don't you tell us about your day? It sounds like you had quite a day," she continued, wanting to know all about today.

I cracked a small smile, "well I learned that I can change how I look. See?" I made my hair silvery white and my eyes became purple.

They gasped in surprise before giving me proud looks and encouraging words.

We talked well into the night, I told them about Athena, the books, ingredients, and Quidditch stuff I bought and showed them my wand. They were surprised that I already had one but understood why.

Mom gave me tips on how to make potions and dad told me all about Quidditch. He used to be a wonderful seeker and chaser when he was at school. That sparked another conversation about what the school was like and how many times they got lost there.

They also developed a strong hate towards Dumbledore that night.