1 Leaving the Dursley's

Life at the Dursley's was not pleasant, I had to do all the chores, got beatings, and of course dealt with name calling.

I am now seven years old.

"Up! Get up, Freak!" A shrill voice yelled. I quickly changed into some of Dudley's old clothes.

When I entered the kitchen I immediately started working on the breakfast.

As I was flipping the pancakes Uncle Vernon said, "listen here girl I have just been promoted and I now run the Grudding's drill company. So the family is going on a week vacation to celebrate. We will be leaving tomorrow. You will be staying at our neighbours house for the week. Her name is Mrs. Figg and do not be disrespectful."

I was jumping for joy! No Dursley's for a week! I might be able to owl someone when I'm at Mrs. Figg's!

About a month ago I was thrown up into the attic to clean. It was punishment for preforming accidental magic. I had found a trunk full of books and an address book. I had shrunk the trunk before shoving it into one of my pockets.

The next day I found myself at Mrs. Figg's house. When she fell asleep I went into her backyard where she kept her owls. It might not be a well known fact but Mrs. Figg was not only a cat lady she was also an owl one.

I gave my letter to a brown barn owl, told him who it was addressed to, and then he was off.

I had written it earlier that day before leaving the Dursley household.

Dear Severus Snape,

I found your address in my mommy's trunk, please help me! I live with my aunt and uncle at number 4 Privet Drive, Surrey. They are alway being mean to me and I don't like it. Could you come and help me please?

Hailey Potter

P.S. I don't know if that's my name or not I just found it in mommy's trunk.

P.P.S. My name is Freak.

Yeah I know, not the best letter but I had to make it look like a seven year old was writing it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two weeks later later there was a knock on the door.

"Go answer the door girl," uncle Vernon yelled at me, of course I can't call him that. I have to call him sir and aunt Petunia ma'am.

"Yes sir," I whispered hoarsely due to lack of water and use of my voice. I hurried to the door. Opening it up I saw man with a hooked nose, it was Severus!

We looked at each other silently, I could see his eyes widen slightly probably due to the resemblance I have to my mom. I dropped my head down to look at my feet, curling into myself and trying to make myself invisible in Dudley's old baggy clothes. I moved from foot to foot. "How can I help you?"

"I am Severus Snape. Could we talk to your aunt and uncle?"

My eyes widened, he probably thought it was from shock but it was actually from excitement. "Y-Yes one second. They are just finishing breakfast."

I let him in and nearly kicked myself I had forgotten to close my cupboard door! He stopped outside the cupboard and peeked inside, he realized I was waiting for him to continue walking so he straighten his posture and resumed following me.

I cautiously approached uncle Vernon. "S-Sir there is s-someone h-here to see y-you." He turned to me and slapped me on the cheek.

"Fine. Go to your cupboard!"

I bolted out of the room, past Severus, and went into my "room." I heard Sir say, "what is it? What do y-----hold on your like freak aren't you? Your kind aren't allowed here!" Then there was a huge bang and then someone opened my cupboard door, I shivered.

"Hello there Hailey, do you want to come with me?" Severus asked in a surprisingly gentle voice. I nodded shyly, "so Hailey really is my name?" I asked in wonder.

He nodded, "yes it is now come on pack your stuff and we'll go."

"Okay," I replied before grabbing some of Dudley's worn out clothes. He looked at them in disgust, "you know what? Leave you stuff here you will be getting new clothes." He said silently fuming at how I was being treated.

I nodded and got out of the cupboard. When we got out of the house I took his hand and he apparated us out of that hellhole.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We reappeared in a dark room, no it wasn't dark lights were on it was just that everything was painted black from the couch to the ceiling everything was black.

I smiled, "thank you for helping me Mr. Snape." I will admit that I always liked Snape's character. I know that's weird but he always looked out for Harry even if it was from the shadows.

He looked mildly uncomfortable, "your welcome." He said stiffly, he probably isn't very social. Oh, who am I kidding? He is VERY antisocial.

"We are going to Diagon Alley to get you some clothes and other necessities," he continued while glaring a whole into his carpet.

Playing dumb I asked, "where is that Mr. Snape?"

He sighed, "it is a place in London where we can get you things that you will need."

I nodded.

"Now take my hand and we'll apparate there,"he said holding out a hand.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We reappeared in front of witches and wizards of all ages shopping and chatting with one another. I was about to let go of his hand but he didn't let go of me.

"I don't want to lose you in the crowd so keep holding onto me," he said, answering my un asked question. I nodded and together we made our way to Gringotts.