Prologue

OW OW OW OW!!!!!

I'm not sure how long I was in pain but after what felt like an eternity it finally went away. I sighed in relief, when I opened my eyes I frowned.

Where am I? The last thing I remember is dying. Why does this look like a babies room? Last time I checked I was an adult. I then tried to stand up only to find I couldn't, looking down I nearly faint from shock. WHY DO I LOOK LIKE A BABY??!

Suddenly, a woman comes in and rushes to my side.

"Hailey! Are you alright?" She asks frantically as picks me up. Is she talking to me? Oh, she is. Unsure what to do in this situation I slowly touch her cheek and let out a giggle. She looks at me in shock and tears start pooling in her eyes.

"Oh Hailey, sweetie, is the pain gone?" Asked the pretty red haired woman. "James! James, come here!"

A man suddenly appears out of thin air, he is tall, with hazel eyes, messy dark brown hair, and wears circular spectacles. "Lily? What is...wait, has Hailey stopped crying?"

"She's okay! Her magic stopped building inside her head!" The woman gushed, relief filled tears streaming down her face. "Oh, Hailey Lily Potter, you had us so worried!"

The man, James, whooped for joy. "We got to tell the others, this calls for a celebration!"

Hold on a second, Lily and James Potter?

As in THE Lily and James Potter? Oh boy, why am I the new Harry Potter? The female version, but still, why?

A few days after that fiasco I got to meet the Marauders! Remus and Sirius are calling me cub and pup respectively, which is absolutely adorable. I stay away from Peter though, I really don't want him to hold me, no thank you.

Oh and guess what!!!!! I met THE Minerva Mcgonagal!!!! Apparently she is one of my god parents! There was this one time when daddy, yes I call him daddy, persuaded her to turn into a cat! He then cast a spell that makes you stay in your animagus form for an hour. The look she made when she transformed back was priceless! Well for me, my dad not so much. The shriek of terror he made was golden, absolutely golden.

Since there isn't much for me to do I just lay down on my bed, well, crib, and plan. Of course, I make sure to act like a regular baby, can't have mama and papa dearest think I'm some sort of genius. Well, at least I should wait a little and enjoy the time I have with these people. Having Lily and James as my parents is awesome, it's nice having attention and love surrounding me.

Due to the fact that I know what will happen next Halloween I try to be the amazing daughter they deserve.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day has come.

It's Halloween.

Mom, Dad, and I were gathered around the fire place eating sweets, then the door opened. James sat up straight, "that's probably Sirius! Man, I hope he brought something good to eat I'm starving!" He ran out of the room enthusiastically. Mom chuckled, "Hailey, never become addicted to food like your dad."

Suddenly, we heard Dad's frantic voice, "Lily! Take Hailey and run! He's here, go! I'll hold him off!"

Mom immediately grabbed me and ran to my bedroom locking my door shut. Spells were being cast outside until we heard a thud. My stomach dropped. Mom had put me in my crib and I saw her face, she was crying.

"Hailey, Daddy loves you, Mommy loves you. We will protect you."

Choking back a sob I said, "love Mommy and Daddy!" I did it, I told her how much they mean to me. Mommy smiled at me softly.

Then the door opened.

She spun around a determined look on her face, "not Hailey, please not Hailey!"

"Move aside you silly girl, move aside!"

"No! Not Hailey, please take me, kill me instead!"

Then there was a flash of green light and Mom's body fell to the floor. I stared in horror before looking at the dark lord, Lord Voldemort.

He looked at me, "so this is the child who is to defeat me? HA! You have no power over me." He then pointed his wand at me and said very clearly, "Avada Kadavera!"

I felt pain on my forehead as I watched him disintegrate right before my eyes.

A little while later someone walked through the door, it was Sirius!

He gasped when he saw Lily and turned to find me sitting in my crib. I looked at them and said, "Pa'foo, I sad."

Sirius picked me up and hugged me, "shh, it's okay pup, it's okay, I'm here." When he was about to leave Hagrid showed up.

"Sirius! I see y'er got lil Hai'ly ere." Said Hagrid gruffly.

He nodded before handing me him, "take care of Hailey for me I've got to go."

I screamed in protest, "NO!!! Pa'foo stay!"

"Don't worry pup, I'll see you soon," and with that he ran into the night.

Oh Padfoot, you don't know how wrong you are I thought sadly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So here I am on the doorstep of number 4 Privet Drive, Little Winging, Surrey. It is freezing out here! Couldn't Dumbledore cast a warming charm or something?!