01

Time goes by on its own
Without a single apology

"If you were given a chance to live another life with your past life's memories intact, would you do it?"

Shoto looked at the higher being who was talking to him. The being that could neither be called a god or the devil, but simply a being that cannot be comprehended by the human mind asked Shoto while he was looking on the pond, his reflection looking back at him.

Shoto had stopped and thought about it. He remembers how much he regretted the way he lived his life before and he had hurt many people in the process. He remembers the time that he spent regretting about the things he never admitted before; regretted the things he should've done.

The heterochromatic eyes of the man looked back at him and smiled, "if I was given a chance to live another life, I would take that chance to do all the things I regretted not doing in my past life."

The being seemed satisfied with the answers he got from Shoto, nodding his head as if he was contemplating about it. Shoto was at peace as he let the wind brush his face, his bi-colored hair sway along. His hand was placed on the grass while he was sitting down, his bare feet touching the pond.

He's been alone for a while, and even though he couldn't keep up with the time, he never wondered how many years has it been since he died and went to this place where some people call heaven or paradise for those soul who's body has already withered.

The being sat beside Shoto and replicated what was Shoto doing, "what if I tell you I can grant you your wish?" the being said, making the man beside him immediately look at him with surprised look on his face.

His expression was telling the being that Shoto was not really buying what he just told. Shoto was looking at him with a doubtful eyes after all. The higher being chuckled before he placed his arms around Shoto.

"Listen, Shoto. Sometimes, life does not end with just death alone. Life goes on, and so is time." The being started while Shoto listened carefully, but he was confused about what was the being was talking about.

It is true, life is just like a red string. A life of a person is connected to everything in this world, just like a thread. A person's essence continues after their bodies dies, one may be reborn into a new one after their first lifetime.

Shoto had heard about it before but he never considered it to be true, more like, he refused to believe in them, not until today.

Without hesitation, Shoto turned his head towards the being, his eyes flared with determination. If this means that you and him can live another life, in which he can make things right, and without regrets, then he would be glad to go through anything as long as he has you.

"Can you tell me more about it?"

You turned your head back towards the direction where a voice of a man was calling you, you stood up from crouching down and dusted your pants before you gave your attention to the bi-colored hair man that was already standing across you with a wide smile on his face.

"Shoto? What's going on?" you asked with a smile, after catching the feeling of Shoto being so happy.

His beautiful smile was there. His eyes were lively as if he heard something good. His expression was delightful, you can't help but feel happy for him, happy seeing the person you used to love back when you were still alive.

Shoto grabbed both of your shoulders and shook you gently while he was lowering his head to meet your gaze. He was fidgeting as a grin bursted from his lips.

"Promise me, whatever happens, you'll remember me."

Your eyebrows clashed against each other in confusion. You found yourself getting confused; but you simply nodded your head, "why would I forget you?-"

You were not able to finish what you were about to say when Shoto pulled you into his arms, caging you into a tight hug. He buried his face on your shoulder and you felt him trembling a bit.

"I promise I'll find you. I promise."

You were left speechless. You didn't have any idea what was he talking about but you remained silent with a small smile plastered on your lips, your hand wrapped around him and patted his back; you returned the hug he was giving you.

"Then, I will be waiting for you to find me." You whispered, audible enough for him to hear.

Shoto nodded his head before his arms started to loosen around you, he finally took a step back away from you and your eyes immediately met with his glistening heterochromatic eyes. He was about to cry but you don't have any idea why he was about to cry.

Shoto cupped your face before placing a kiss on your forehead, he then mumbles, "I will find you, no matter how long it'll take."

You reached your hands towards him but you never reached him as he started to turn his back away from you — he then started to walk away without a word.

"Ah..."

You watched him walk away, staring at his broad back as his silhouette started to grow smaller as the distance slowly getting farther and farther away from you.

But that was your biggest mistake. You should've reached out to him when you had the chance. You should've grabbed hold of him when he was still within your reach.

Because after that, you never once saw Shoto again. Like bubbles, he disappeared into thin air after he talked to you. You tried to look everywhere but found no clue about his whereabouts. It's like as if Shoto Todoroki never existed in paradise.

You never knew that even after death, you could still feel hurt. But now you were proved wrong, as even after going here in the place they called heaven, a soul can still feel all sorts of emotion.

It was a familiar emotion, your chest ached as you thought about going through this nauseous feeling once more. It was sadness. You felt like you were left alone again.

"you're (y/n), right?"

You felt someone tapped your shoulders lightly, making you turn towards where the voice was coming from and you saw the being that Shoto was talking to. You immediately approached him with desperation hinted in your voice.

"Did you see him? Can you tell me where Shoto is?"

The being simply smiled back at you, causing you to take a step back and furrow your brows in confusion. The being simply took a small sigh before he finally told you what happened to Shoto.

Your eyes widen in shock, and awe struck you like lightning. You didn't have the words to say after realizing what happened. You stood there frozen on your feet while you stare at the being who was standing across you with a gentle smile on his face, his aura was warm and comforting that you didn't have anything to say against him.

"Shoto was reincarnated. Would you like to see him again, too?"