04

Spring didn't know to wait
Showed up not even a minute late

"You don't look so good."

Shoto kept his gaze on the floor filled with grass. He was in the greenhouse as he gave himself a time to think about something. He wanted to be alone but also don't want to be left alone.

Why does it keep getting in my way. Am I not deserving of happiness?

"You know, young sir, you don't look good if you kept frowning like that."

Shoto narrowed his eyes on the person who was crouching in front of him. His heart ached once more after seeing your smile at him. He wanted to hug you and steal you away from this place so bad, but he worries that he's only going to bring you nothing but loneliness, as he was a prince, that couldn't belong to a commoner.

Shoto kept silent which made you furrow your brows in annoyance. Usually he would bug you non-stop, but today, he was unusually quiet. You could tell that he was down.

"Oh dear. I guess I have no choice."

Shoto's brows clashed as he lifted his head again but he was take back after realizing that you grabbed his wrist and started to drag him along with you.

"Where are we going-"

You dragged Shoto along with you on the stables, where the knights' horses were placed. You immediately handed him a cloak and wore exactly the same as the cloak you gave him before you opened one of the horse's stall.

With ease, you climb up on the horse without hesitation and offered your hand right at Shoto who was still dumbfounded below you. He was looking up as you were sitting on his horse without you knowing it. He felt like he could almost burst out laughing.

It's like fate, huh?

Shoto shook his head before he wore the ragged cloak you gave him and accepted your hands as he climb up to his horse.

"Since you look like the world has fallen against your shoulder, I will do you the honor of touring you around the town."

You boasted with puffed chest while holding the leather reins of the horse. Little did you know, Shoto was already smiling from ear to ear behind you. He felt like he was getting suffocated by this thing he called happiness.

Shoto let you took him whatever place you wanted him to go. The horse brought you back to the town in where the busy bustling of the people working early were heard.

The sun that day was a brilliant lantern, casting the everyday hues of the marketplace into vivid glows, the kind that make the best of dreams. The market from old to young is a gorgeous cacophony of smiles.

Shoto didn't know that there was a festival going on, and you brought him here to spend his day with you. It was a date but an unexpected one.

The crowd has a life of its own, the vibrant clothes shine in the morning light and the people move like enchanting shoals of fish. There is chatter between sellers and buyers, old friends catching up, new friends made. It's busy for sure, but the hustle and bustle brings a life to this city Shoto wouldn't want to be without.

You smiled immediately as soon as you saw Shoto's eye brighten in the sight of the busy town. He had his cloak on that is why no one recognized him but you were looking at him intently, feeling your chest tighten whenever you see him smile.