Prologue

~KANG HANA POV~

(21 YEARS AGO)

This beautiful baby girl in my arms was one of the most precious things I have ever seen in my whole life. Besides my two year old son, Junwoo our new little bundle of joy was just breath taking and I'd vow to do anything to protect her.

My husband had just left to go pick up Junwoo so he could finally meet his little sister that was only born one hour ago. She's so small in my arms but content as she sleeps peacefully. I've been told that the second child usually the most troublesome but just watching her I can tell she's going to be a the opposite of that. She just gives off the vibes and I'm very well known for having a very good judge of character towards others. I can only hope she takes after me in that aspect.

Pushing down the pink blanket away from her upper shoulder I was careful to not wake her and gazed upon the birth mark she bares upon her skin, on her collar bone to be precise. The dark coloured skin, shaped of a V sign with scribbled lines and another horizontal line slashing between the V. It kind of resembles a upside down A but the lines stick out at the sides.

Everyone in the world knows what the birth mark means and we're scared to what could be in the future for our little girl.

Only can we try our hardest to protect her the best we can and pray that she has a normal life that we will try to provide for her.

I covered her mark back up, caressed her little head gently and placed a kiss to her forehead. She only let out a small breath of air through the nose but continued to sleep. I could only watch her in awe and filled with love. If only my husband, Sungho would hurry up.

"Kang Hana."

A shiver ran down my entire body when I heard that deep yet very eery voice echo from across the room. A small gasp left me when I looked up from my newborn to see a figure appear from the shadows and into the light. Tall, red hair and a blank expression supported by his dark eyes boring into my very soul.

It's King Kim Taehyung.

The half demon, half vampire that pretty much rules this country as well as a few more around the world. He has a well known reputation for being merciless, mean and very short tempered.

He has no soul.

I know what he's here for and he's not getting her.

Clutching my baby closer to my chest, hiding her from him he just glances at my baby and then back to meet my eyes.

"You're not taking my baby. I don't care who you are but she's mine."

He cocks his head to the side still not breaking that eye contact with me that I hold strong to hold against him.

"Technically, she's mine. You're just the person who gave her life." King Taehyung

Still, no.

Checking my baby girls face she was still sleeping peacefully despite how scared I was she was about to be ripped away from me. But who did he know she was born?

"You're still not taking her. She may be your soulmate but I'll be damned to let you take her away from me. King or not but you're still a soulless creature and my daughter will be better off without you!"

My baby made little whines that made me move her back from my chest to check her again. Eyes still closed but she wriggled a little bit as she opened and closed her mouth. She's still sleeping. Good.

Then I looked back up then creature king but he had his eyes fully on my daughter. I noticed the way his breathing got a little heavier and his eyes were softening by the second which was odd because this king doesn't show any emotions to anyone. It made me uncomfortable so I cleared my throat and he shook his head, rolling his shoulder back and came closer towards my bed.