Chapter Ten

~Y/N POV~

I don't know how long I spend sitting in the medical wing with my brother, I didn't want to let him go now that I know he's okay and he's here. I mean I've been so worried for days and now he's in front of me, I cant believe it but I'm so relieved he's okay.

We were left alone thankfully and Juwon updated me about his time hiding in the woods. He ran from those hooded figures in the woods and thought I would be safe in the tent. At one point he was knocked out and rolled down a hill but he was never found. He woke up alone and it was dark so he just found an abandoned house to stay in and snacked on what every berries he could find in the woods.

After hearing him out I told him about our time here and how the great demon king was bond to me as I'm his soulmate and he's forcing me to marry him. Juwon wasn't happy about that but I told him to keep his thoughts to himself, it's bad enough I'm vocal about it and since I'm Taehyung's soulmate nothing can be done about my constant groaning about it, but since Juwon is not me, I don't want to risk something that could happen to him if Taehyung gets pissed.

I told Juwon everything from being told I am Taehyungs soulmate, all the way to finding out about that theres a side piece he has and he's just marrying me because he cant have her. I tired not to get emotional thinking that way but I couldn't help it, it hurts even if I don't know Taehyung all that well.

We stayed on the bed talking for hours until there was a knock on the door which opened before I could respond.

"Hey there."

A head popped through the gap with a slight smile on his face and stepped inside but only to have the door open further for another figure to also walk in.

"What do you guys want?"

I asked annoyed that Jimin and Jungkook are here. Don't get me wrong, I get on with them and they've been really nice to me but I just know that they're only here right now because Taehyung told them to come for some reason.

"Sorry but his majesty requests that we take you to his office. There's something he would like to discuss with you." Jungkook

"Both of you actually." Jimin

He piped up but dropped all smiles from his face into a serious expression.

I groaned and stood up from the bed, grabbing Juwon's hand to help him stand up. Juwon just squinted his eyes at the two for a moment until I told him who they are and their names while we followed Jimin down the corridor towards the stairs to the first floor. All the while Jungkook behind us the whole way, I'm sure they were both listening to what I was telling Juwon but I didn't care. I told Juwon their names, jobs and what they are. At one point I heard Jimin snicker when he heard me call him flirty vampire but he can be sweet at the same time too.

Eventually we made it to the office, Jimin knocked and then pushed open the door when Taehyung spoke from the other side and I just kept a firm hand on Juwon and guided him to sit next to me on one of the chairs. I don't want to be here but I guess it must be if he's invited me back in his office.

Crossing my one leg over the other I stared up at the blank demon king staring down at me with his famous non emotion face. He was standing from his chair, arms by his sides and saying nothing. It bothered me and when I heard the doors close behind me I didn't hear Jimin or Jungkook leave but their footsteps to come stand behind us. Jungkook behind me and Jimin behind Juwon.

"Nice to meet you Juwon." Taehyung

He spoke directly to my brother calmly and slightly bowed forward. Juwon gulped but bowed his head.

"You too.....your highness." Juwon

Taehyung chuckled and sat down in his chair.

"You don't need to call me by honorifics. Your sister and I are about to get married so that makes you family. I don't like my family to call me names like that, my name would be fine." Taehyung

Juwon nods but squeezes my hand letting me know he's nervous and I don't blame him. Taehyung has this intimidating aura about him and despite being calm and friendly right now he's emitting that aura around the whole room whether he knows it or not.

"Why did you bring us here? I'm still pissed at you and I don't want to be here so whatever you want to say, make it quick."

Taehyung dark eyes flickered to meet mine and that friendly smile he once had dropped and he leaned back in his chair, folding his hands over the other on his cross legged lap.

"Fine, I'll just get to it then." Taehyung

His eyes flickered between my brother and I before they settled on me.

"You're parents were found dead last night." Taehyung

What?

Hearing that my heart dropped to my stomach.

"Yes, one of my hunters that I had sent to your house to be sure they were okay after what happened to the both of you and the results were not what we hoped they would be. The police are ruling it as a animal attack but we know that is not the case. I'm very sorry about your loss." Taehyung

Shocked I took my hand away from Juwon's and I stood up but I didn't know why or how to react. They cant be dead, like how?

Better yet, why?

My hands started shaking and I just stared at Taehyung willing myself not to cry but the longer I held his gaze the more difficult it became especially when his hard gaze boring into mine, started to soften by the second.

Tears started brimming my eyes and I just collapsed to the floor, sobbing hard.

~JIMIN POV~

I truly felt bad for the siblings. Watching them find this out was hard to watch and I've seen a lot over my time on this earth.

Y/n collapsed to the floor and I flinched forwards to help her, Jungkook also but what was more surprising was that Taehyung stood up from his chair instantly and even so much as stepped around his desk in his attempt to go to her, concern and pity written all over his face and he never looks at anyone like that.

Only did he stop and not go further when Juwon beat him to it by sliding down his chair to hug Y/n in his arms so the two could cry and grieve together for their parents.

Taehyung stepped back, stuffing his hands into his pockets watching the two cry but when he flickered his eyes towards Jungkook and I, his hard expression came back and he shrugged at us and went back to his desk but didn't sit down.

"Again I am sorry for your loss." Taehyung

Boy I can hear that sincere apology in his voice which is something I have never heard come from him at all. Just in the short time Y/n has been here, there's already some signs of Taehyung showing his hidden self.

I do wonder what else will happen between them the longer she stays?