Chapter Five

~Y/N POV~

Admittedly I'm nervous about this so called dinner with THE King himself. A part of me wants to and another tells me to run while I still can. But I don't think I could even if I truly wanted to. As of right now I was walking between Jimin and Jungkook on our way to this dining room I'm suppose to be meeting him.

But this also gave me a chance to look around my surroundings for the first time.

The corridors were dark but also wide spaced. It was completely different from my room which is bright in colour but it seems beyond that room, this place is dark and a little creepy to the eye if you ask me. But that didn't stop me from admiring the place. Clearly it was an old castle we were in right now but I'm not that shocked.

Despite no one knowing where exactly the king lives himself, it would be expected that it would be a castle.

But this place could be a little warmer so I couldn't help but rub my arms to try and warm myself up from the cold chill that brushed through the air as we turned a corner. Shivering actually I noticed the way it didn't bother the two beside me but Jungkook peered down at me, raising a brow. I turned my attention front again but shortly after my shoulders were filled with warmth when something was placed over them.

It was his hoodie that he just took off.

Appreciative I mouthed a thank you towards him and he nodded back.

Now a little better from the cold, we took a stair case down to the ground floor and through another corridor which led to a pair of black large double doors. We stopped and Jimin turned towards me took note of the hoodie but said nothing about it.

"He's just through there so don't worry about it. He said he'll try to be nice." Jimin

I snorted but clutched onto the hoodie.

"Try? Okay, we'll see."

Jimin shrugged and took hold of the handle.

"Ready?" Jimin

I nodded and he pushed the door open wide enough for me and gestured towards the room. Gathering enough courage to take a step I took a deep breath and finally entered the room. It was so much more colder in here so I held onto the hoodie around my shoulder like my life depended on it and searched the room using my eyes like scanners.

With the door now closed behind me I wondered into the dark room, paintings on the walls, decorative tables against the walls with large statue head or empty vases. It would brighten up the place if there were flowers in them though.

But I stopped in the middle of the room when I felt a pair of eyes boring into my body from across the room. I was scared to look that way but I did it anyway. My feet spun my body to face that way and not too much to my surprised was the king himself. Sitting on a large wooden chair at the end of the long table, blankly staring at me without even so much as blinking. It was even creepy that he didn't move but it was like time stopped between us. My heart racing so fast I swear I could have a heart attack from it and even the birth mark I had on my collarbone sizzled a little bit uncomfortably and it's never bothered me before.

But when he stood up tall from his chair, that feeling stopped. His eyes scanned my body up and down until they landed on the hoodie around my shoulders.

"Are you cold?" Taehyung

I nodded and shifted on my feet from one to the other.

"Yes."

He hummed, nodding his head. I saw the way his eyes flickered to pure black for a split second before blinking it away.

The room suddenly became more warmer than before, so warm that I no linger needed the hoodie so I took it off my shoulders and placed it on the back of the nearest chair.

"Thank you."

I mumbled to him, knowing he did something to heat up the room even if I cant see any radiators in the room.

"Take a seat." Taehyung

He stretched his hand out towards the table that was set up for us. A large candle centre piece in the middle with bowls of plastic fruit on either side of the centre pieces.

"Flowers would be nicer."

I mumbled to myself taking a seat on the opposite side of the table from him. He sat down took, furrowing his brows together.

"Flowers would be nicer for what?" Taehyung

"The table. Instead of plastic fruit."

He only hummed and took out a napkin to shake it off and place in his lap.

"Which flowers would you prefer in your opinion?" Taehyung

"Tulips."

I answered straight away with a smile on my face but he raised a brow to me which almost made me regret answering so quickly. Maybe he didn't like that?

"Why tulips?" Taehyung

"Because they're very bright in colours and smell nice too."

For a moment he just stares at me, placing his chin to rest on the back of his two hands that he clasped together between his fingers. I just awkwardly stared back at him, not knowing what to say or do. But he was interrupted when someone came in holding a bottle of wine I assume.

"Wine your majesty?"

The man bowed to him but was standing on my side of the table.

"Yes." Taehyung

He clicked his fingers and pointed towards his glass in front of him. The man nods and walked over to him and poured some glass before he turned to me, lightly bowing and hodling up the bottle.

"Wine, miss?" ?

I shook my head at him, smiling.

"No thank you. Could I just have water please?"

"As you wish miss." ?

He bows again and walks out the room and to have the doors close behind him.

"That's butler Ming. A demon too so I wouldn't get too close to him. Helpful in most ways but still never trust a demon that isn't in my council." Taehyung

I heard him speak before sipping on his wine but eyes still staring at me.

"You're half a demon aren't you? So you're telling me to not trust you?"

He cleared his throat and placed his glass down.

"If I were anyone else to you then I would say yes, don't trust me but I am not just anyone to you and deep down you know that too." Taehyung

The doors behind me opened again and the butler man, Ming came back with a jug of water and poured me a glass and left the room as smoothly as he came in. I picked up the water and looked at it, inspecting it really. He said not to trust demons so why would I trust one pouring me a drink?

"You can drink that. It's not poisoned, I would know." Taehyung

"You're the one that said not to trust them."

I spoke confidently before sipping some of my water but eyeing the king across the table.

"I did but when it comes to food and drinks in this place I know what is good or bad. Just like how I can tell your sceptical about whether you can trust me right now but you also fear me too and I wish you wouldn't." Taehyung

Now that surprised me. How could he tell how I was feeling?

"How do you know that?"

"We are bonded in a deep connection that no other has. You can also feel mine too. I'm sure you had a few emotions growing up such as anger or irritation that you knew wasn't yours, no?" Taehyung

He rested his cheek inside the palm of his hand as he continued to stare back at me with those dark eyes of his.

"I did but my mom told me it was nothing to worry about. That it could of been something my subconscious remembered in a dream. What are you trying to say exactly?"

The King sighed, leaning back in his chair but picking up his glass to sway gently side to side as if mixing it.

"We're soulmates y/n. Your soul is bound to whatever little soul I have left." Taehyung