9 🫐

Sunghoon's POV

After I lent a shirt to Berry, I made my way back to soccer class. I realized our PE period isn't over yet.

"Hey, where've you been?" Jake asked once he saw me

"Just somewhere"

He nodded at my response and looked elsewhere.

"Did I miss anything?"

"Nope. Though you shouldn't have left. You can get detention for that" Jake replied in which I sighed.

I was sitting on a bench, watching the game of soccer as I heard a notebook that fell not too far from me. My head turned at the thud.

"Excuse me! If you don't mind, can you pls give me my notebook" A girl from the second floor spoke. My eyes landed on her friend who's laughing beside her. They were most likely messing around.

I stood up as I made my way to where the notebook is. I reached for it and just when I did, a man reached for it too.

I raised my head and saw Heeseung.

My mood automatically changed when I realized it was him.

"It's okay, I can give it to her-"

"She asked me"

"I'm sure you're busy with PE"

"I have time"

"Think of it as me doing you a favor" He smiled

I laughed sarcastically

"Let go, Heeseung"

"I said I can do it"

"Fine" I shoved the notebook at his chest in which he moved a few steps back at the impact.

"Here, since I know how much you like taking credit for everything," I whispered before I made my way back to the bench.

"Why are you fighting over a notebook?" Jake laughed.

"Berry still likes him"

"So?"

"What do you mean so? I'm trying to get her to date me, remember?"

"Yeah, date you for the deal nothing else. Why are you getting so invested in her personal life? You shouldn't care"

He's right. Why am I getting all worked up?

I sighed and unknowingly thought back to the incident earlier. Her head resting on my chest.

I felt my cheeks flushed

"Damn, it's hot here" I fanned myself with my hand.

"Of course, it's 45°C outside"

We started to converse a little more until we were cut off when I saw my PE teacher making his way to us.

I'm in trouble, aren't I?

"Mr. Park, where have you been?"

"I had to help a friend"

"In the middle of class?"

"It was urgent"

"You can't fool me, Mr. Park"

"I'm saying the truth, Sir"

He gave me a look as if each word that left my lips were a lie.

"Since I most definitely know you're lying. You have to clean the whole basketball court" emphasizing the word definitely.