14 🫐

Third person POV

Weeks have passed and it only meant that Sunghoon and Sunhee's friendship has grown stronger.

After the introduction of tteokbokki to Sunhee, she would join the two for lunch in the cafeteria.

Is she scared? Maybe a little. The glares she received from envious girls would pierce through her back. I mean who wouldn't be envious when you hang out with Jake and Sunghoon?

The man was still full of mystery to Sunhee. Other than his life being full of teases and jokes, or other than the fact the guy would spend most of his time after class with Sunhee, she never knew what his big deal was.

The girl didn't know much about the guys she's spent lunch with. All she knew was she felt somewhat safe around them. Or accepted, rather.

After many years of being alone and left out, having to be acknowledged and accompanied felt great to her. But was it the two she liked? or was it just the feeling that came along with them?

On the other hand, Sunghoon knew the main reason why he does what he's doing. Her simple "yes" to a date with him would bring him closer to getting what he's there for.

Yet, every time he's with Sunhee, the deal he made with his mad father would slip his mind. At times he thought of thanking his father, not because of what he'd get out of it, but for it is the key to getting to know the beautiful girl that sat across from him.

She had soft features, silky long hair, and an aura that screamed poise and intelligence.

After their many weeks spent together, Sunhee never shared anything too extreme. She'd share about how her day went and she would go on about the stress her classes gave her, other than that, she was pretty secretive.

Sunghoon found this troubled some as he wanted to know more about the girl.

Lee Sunhee, the talk of the school.

"So you're saying that if I joined the math competition next month, I'd win?" Jake clarified in which broke Sunghoon's trail of thoughts.

"That is if you could beat me," Sunhee said cockily

"I like myself a little competition"

"Then go for it" she insisted

"What I'm most curious about is who's side this hotshot would pick" Jake nudged his best friend

"I am not picking sides," he shakes his head.

"You nerds deal with nerds things. Leave me out of it." Sunghoon said in an instant, not wanting any part of it.

"After our years of friendship, this is the betrayal I'm getting?" Jake cried comically in which made Sunghoon laugh and Sunhee smile.

"What's your agenda for today, Berry?" Sunghoon asked as he munched on his food.

The girl with the high ponytail sipped on her blueberry juice before taking a bite of her salad.

"I'll be heading to the mall after lunch to buy extra materials for the student council" 

"Can I come?"

"Sure, but don't be late," she said with seriousness.

"I'll be there, you can count on me"

"Then meet me in the park near the school at 4:30 sharp"

Sunghoon nodded in response as they continue to enjoy their lunch.