25. Fate's favorite puppet

Zemira

I didn't feel the warmth of his body next to me. My eyes fluttered open, greeting the bleak rays of sunlight peeking from the blinds.

It was yesterday night that replayed in my mind, rocking me out of my state of slumber. Walking on tiptoes, I scanned the room, hoping to catch a glimpse of him standing inside the walk-in closet, dressing up for the office or even in the shower. When I couldn't register any presence, my heart fell to my toes, my body back on the bed.

All it took was one heartbreaking look, one truthful confession for me to fall into the arms of the man, I swore never to venture back into. With the weight of my thoughts tugging me from behind, my head felt heavy. 

Eying the ceiling, its decorative crown moldings gave no respite to the ache surmounting in my chest.

I felt dirtier with every lone passing second. Guilty, for falling into the arms of the first man that appeared before me.

"Good morning." A voice emerged from the bedroom entrance.

I titled my head inches per second toward the man who, in all his glorious form, stood shirtless. His gray tracks hugged the lowermost strata of his pelvic bones revealing his abs set, none of which helped me.

"Eyes up here, missy." He snapped his fingers, pulling my sight up from what I assumed to be a zero fat torso. "And they say woman don't leer."

I turned completely to my side, clutching a pillow beneath my head. Leonardo's lips curled upwards as he walked into the room, kneeling beside me.

"Slept well?" Clearing the strands of hair that covered my forehead, he leaned over and placed gentle kisses over my arm.

"I thought you left." The confession of assuming it was a one-night stand was a difficult one. Burdened by the worst of assumptions, I let them control me without giving any benefit of the doubt to Leo.

"Gorgeous, I don't sleep with people and leave in the middle of the night. That's all you."

He ran his fingers over the side of my cheek, playfully twisting strands of hair while his eyes remained locked with me.

"I had a good reason to leave, Leo. I don't sleep with a stranger, twice." I said, grinning at my comeback. 

Before the last of my words fell out, Leo pulled me up, tossing away the blanket that wrapped my naked body. His calloused fingers ran behind my back. In a sudden jerked moment, he pulled me up from the bed and into the shower.

"I want to sleep more," I protested, but he didn't pay heed to it.

Leo placed me beneath the shower, displaying his victorious crooked smile. "You should've thought about it before tempting me."

He pressed the shower tabs on the wall. The device beeped and warm raindrops like patterns poured over us. 

Leo bent on his knees, pushing me against the wall. In one swift action, he placed my leg over his shoulder. His tongue played me like a wild animal devouring its dead prey. My fingers ran into the wet mess that was his raven hair, bunching those soft strands. My legs trembled to the moans he hummed, the kisses he placed.

I felt the blackout behind my eyes and in my mind. Although anchored, I still levitated, drifting away from my physical form only to watch my body tremble with pleasure.

"You don't know your hold over me?" Leo whispered, nipping at the water-dripping portion of my neck. "Do you, Miss. Ford."

He turned me towards the mirror just outside the shower. His hands roamed over my back, eyes fixated on me. His rough fingers ran over every inch of my skin, lips whispering how he felt, how ready he was to take me again.