Letter 1

13th September 2015

Dear Zemira,

I don't know where to begin. An apology will not suffice for the way I've treated you but it is all I have for now. I'm sorry for the way I left things between us.

Zem, please know that I did not intend on hurting you. I left without saying anything because the thought of dragging you into the mess that is my life sickened me. I will try my best to call and explain what I mean. I hope that you will pick up my call and talk.

Zem, there are a few things I regret in life. One of them is breaking your heart. Every time I think of you, something aches inside my chest. It feels like you are calling out to me, and I'm unable to help. I hope it's just my war-zone anxiety, gorgeous.

Before ending the letter, I want to tell you that I now remember our first night completely. Why did you return, Zem? Why didn't you tell me that my fucked up brain missed remembering the most important detail of that night?

Why?

One more thing, Gorgeous. I don't know when but Kyle will contact you about the case against Antonio. As a caution, I'm not writing anything else here. When I call, I'll let you know everything.

I miss hearing your voice, Zem. It has only been a month but I want to return already. You don't know how badly I want to be by your side and listen to you talk. Or yell at me for being an a-hole.

As foreign as it may sound, I've started to pray daily. At least I try to but when I close my eyes, only your thoughts appear.

Now, I feel like you are rolling your eyes at me. So I will stop.

Stay smiling, Zem Zem

Leo