Chapter 42

A/N: I just watched today's Hunter X Hunter episode in Animax! I think it was called "Salvation x And x Purity"? I forgot but it seems like that.... :/

I cried when I saw Killua and Gon seperated ways! *sobs* And i almost freaked out when I heard the ending song "Reason"(This was the ending song for the Greed Island arc btw).

I was like, "WHY ARE THEY PLAYING THIS?! IS THIS THE LAST EPISODE?!" My sister and I sang along with the song till the end of it. (We memorized it too :3) THANK GOODNESS! It showed a preview of the next episode! *sighs in relief*

Anywaaaay, here's the new chapter! hihihihi enjoooy >_<

~

Narrator's POV

"How did you survive the fire?" asked Killua in bewilderment as he stared at the blonde like she rose from the dead, like a zombie in disguise.

Her wavy curls hung on her thin figure, "Rikka's family found me that day and they quickly pulled me out of the burning mansion when they saw me lying unconscious with my brother."

"Did he live?" Killua was curious all of a sudden.

Her blue eyes showed pain the second Killua asked that, "I..I don't know. I fainted because of the smoke. I couldn't remember the next thing that happened to me and to my brother."

Killua dropped on the ground and breathed deeply. He couldn't believe the girl he was so jealous before was alive right in front of his two eyes. His mind was processing too slowly that he might die of waiting for it to function properly.

"Do you believe me now?" asked Retz, her arms crossed. "If you met me before, then why didn't you even show the slightest reaction that you knew me the first time we encountered?"

Killua face-palmed, "I also don't know. Maybe I was just too busy thinking for myself and haven't noticed that you were just...there."

The girl put her hand on her hip and said, "Look, I'm not expecting you to forgive me after this little chat but I'm just thinking that we should at least show Rikka we care for her own happiness."

That struck him hard in the chest. Have I thought of her own desires? Have I been thinking for 'my sake' all this time?

She looked down in sadness, "I knew I started this mess but I can promise you that I'll clean this up soon. And I can understand Rikka's trust won't be that easy to obtain in a few days. It will take years."

Retz has a point... Killua thought.

"What are you trying to say, then?" He questioned her, keeping his cool.

She crossed her arms, explaining, "I'm trying to say that you should show Rikka that you're worthy of her feelings. You shouldn't stay mad at Gon forever just because he is Rikka's boyfriend now. You could at least support their relationship. When you do that, Rikka will be amazed of how mature you think and so on it goes."

He hasn't realized it before, but when he looks at Retz, he can't believe how immature she looks on the outside but actually so adult-like on the inside.

"But for now, " she continued, "we should look like we're on good terms in front of Rikka. She will think that what I did was an accident and you forgave me after what I've done. If you think my plan isn't good, do you have any other ideas?"

The young white-haired boy pursed his lips while thinking and he said, "She will get mad if she sees us together."

"How come?"

"Rikka's still hurt. If she sees us like we're friends, I'm sure she'll think, 'Oh wow, just hook up already'". I explained my theory and imaginations.

"What if..." whispered Retz while her eyes stared far away.

"What if what?"

"Yeah..." she snapped her fingers, "what if we become pretend boyfriend and girlfriend?"

Is that what you call a good idea? I think it was the worst I could even think of... Killua shook his head.

Rikka's POV

I clung on to Gon's arm as we walked back to my house. We had our third date today and it was amazing. I can't imagine how Gon could be so sweet sometimes. He brought me to the new amusement park near school and he led me to a boat ride at the park!

When we arrived at my gate, I faced him and grinned wide, "Gon, arigatou for today. I enjoyed myself! I hope we could do this again."

He scratched his nape, laughing, "It's nothing. Just doing my duty as a boyfriend."

I stood on my toes and gave him a kiss on the cheek, "Gon, being my boyfriend is not a job or anything. Oh well, I'm going now. Thanks again for today!"

"Your welcome, Hime-sama(Princess)." He jokingly bowed like a servant and walked away with a big smile plastered on his face.

I greeted my Mom in the living room and she seemed to be watching her favorite show on TV so I didn't bother her any longer. I closed the door of my bedroom and fell on my bed with a thud.

Checking my phone for new messages, I felt it ring in my hands. There was an unknown caller. Who could this be?

"Hello?" I answered the call immediately.

There was silence on the other line and I could hear exhaling and inhaling like the person was too nervous to speak at all. But after a few seconds, the voice spoke, "Hey, Rikka."

Killua....

I was tempted to end the call but my body won't allow it. It wants me to talk to Killua some more. I think my body has betrayed me.

"What do you want? And how do you know my phone number?" I turned on my bitch mode once I spoke to him through the phone.

"Nothing. Just wanted to hear your voice one last time." he muttered. I almost gagged in tears when I heard how husky and deep his voice was compared to when we were children.

But what did he mean by 'one last time'?

"And your point is?" I asked with a sarcastic tone.

There was a long quiet pause.

"I'm going out with Retz now." said Killua calmly.

As long as I heard those words, I pressed the end call button and cried my heart out on the pillow. I really didn't know why I was acting this way but it just felt like it.

"Hwaaaaa.....Ugghh...hmmpphh...waaaaahh...." I groaned and hit my mattress so many times my hand got kind of red. My eyes were so puffy that my eyeballs would jump out any second.

How could you hurt me this much?

A/N: And that's it for today! :)) Good evening guys!

The part where Killua said he was going out with Retz was inspired from the anime Kodomo no Omocha as seen on the picture beside/above your screen. :) That's Hayama Akito and Kurata Sana. If you need any romance/comedy suggestions, this anime would be the one for you! :D

Question: What are your thoughts of Rikka at the moment?

~KarenZoldyck14~