Chapter Twelve

WHA...WHA... DID HE JUST?!

Then I felt a hurtful pinch on my face that made me scream.

"OOOWWW!" I winced in pain, massaging my cheek. I looked around me and there was no one except my freaking bestfriend.

Was it just....a dream?

"Hey Sleeping Beauty, your time is up. We need to get home." She looked at her wrist watch as she helped me get up. "Your mom just texted me awhile ago."

I yawned and stretched, "I see...Thanks for waking me up then." I still couldn't believe it. I thought....it was all real.

"Earlier, you looked like you were about to kiss someone!" She bursted into laughter. "Did you have some kind of dream or something?"

Correcting her, I put a hand on my hip while walking the way home. "Actually, it's not a dream....IT'S A NIGHTMARE!"

Retz grinned as if she had a scheme in mind, "Heehee, what is it about? Killua raping you or Gon—"

I slapped her shoulder, cutting her off. "Oh my god Retz! That's not it! You're so green."

She chuckled like a villain, "Hohohoho! That's me!"

"Ugh..just stop will you? You're making me puke..."

The blonde put an arm around me and didn't say anything after. This...was our way of spending time together.

Gon's short POV

"Is this what you want sir?" The salesman asked, holding out a necklace with a pink crystal heart as a charm on the center.

I nodded, taking out the cash to pay for the expensive jewelry. "I'll take it." Once I finished buying my little present for Rikka, I went straight for her home. "Hehe, I'm sure she'll like this."

Walking happily along the way, I hummed songs from Whale Island and skipped giddily on the road. "I can't wait to give this to her." I held the necklace in my palm, not knowing Killua was there, waiting for Rikka too.

Killua's POV

I brushed my hands together nervously, as I stood at Rikka's gate, waiting for her to get home. "Crap, I'm so sweaty. I hope she doesn't notice this."

Then I saw a shadow a few feet away and I got ready in my position. When it moved closer, my excitement was turned into disappointment. It was just Gon.

"Oi, what are you doing here?" I questioned him, controlling the force of my voice.

His eyes and smile were childish than usual, "Oh, I'm going to see Rikka." I glanced quickly at his hand holding a tiny red box with a white ribbon on top.

"Why?" I asked, guessing that he's going to give that to her. I knew it...Gon is really serious about her.

"It's a secret." He smiled at me, while he stood at the other side of the gate and waited.

Thirty minutes later, the sun had finally set. The night was getting colder and the winds started to blow, giving us goosebumps.

I sighed worrying, "Where is she? She's so slow..."

"Yeah, she sure is late getting home today." agreed Gon, who was still holding that mysterious box in his hand.

I put both of my hands inside my pockets to warm them. Then I decided to ring the doorbell to their house and talk with Rikka's mom. When I did, she also became concerned for her daughter.