18. bonds of friendship

BELLE ÂME

vol.2

18. bonds of friendship

[ Paris, France, January 20th, 1832 ]

________________________

The sound of plates and dishes along with idle chatter rang over the walls of the house as the four occupants that lived in it had their breakfast together in the early morning. The table was slightly illuminated with the rays of the warm morning sun shone through the window, creating a soft glow that illuminated Celia's voice as she talked about something she had overheard the last day when she was out in town.

Annette was playing with the food on her plate, her Tales of Shakespeare copy lying down on her lap, ready to be opened and read for the fiftieth time, the brunette's thoughts traveled to just about everything as she thought of what she wanted to do today.

"Annette," said Celia, causing the girl's eyes to snap up "were you listening?"

"Yes of course" lied Annette making her cousin roll her eyes in mock annoyance.

"I asked if you wanted to go have lunch out today"

Annette was just about to answer her cousin when her brother swooped in "actually Celia, Annette and I have some things to do today"

"We do?" Asked a confused Annette, and after getting a kick to the leg from her brother, she quickly corrected herself "I mean, yeah we do"

"Oh alright" spoke Celia suspiciously, meanwhile Monsieur Hubert was happily eating some toast, blissfully unaware of all the confusion that was taking place "what are you and Alexandre doing might I ask" inquired Celia whilst raising her brow with a smirk, she knew that Annette had no idea what her brother was going on about, but she was really enjoying watching the girl struggling to come up with an answer, after all, if she was about to get ditched, she might as well have some fun with it,

"Well you know, we're going to, I mean, Alexandre and I are just" stuttered Annette whilst looking down at her plate.

"I just have some errands to run and I figured Annette could come with me for some company" spoke Alexandre in an attempt to help his sister.

After breakfast was over Annette walked towards her brother with her eyebrows raised and slightly punched him in the arm for putting her in such an awkward situation.

"Ouch Annette" exclaimed her brother, rubbing his arm.

"Where may I ask are we going?" Asked Annette, ignoring her brother's outburst of pain.