Chapter 19

❝Wanting what you can't have will only rip your heart farther apart❞- Matthew Fairchild

Did I Really?

AFTER I EXIT THE HOSPITAL I made a plan, and I was only hoping that Ellie would be understanding. She must know that I'm into a different woman and she wouldn't be in any type of further relationship than possibly friends with me. So I texted her 'Meet at Rosé Cafe?' and she replied with an instant 'Sure'

We weren't far into anything, but the fact that she's Chasens' sister might bring some awkwardness because he doesn't know.

I enter the shop and order just black coffee and a muffin, sit down and wait for my order to be called. I scroll on my phone and I pick up my order after it gets called, I scroll on my phone taking bites of my muffin before I hear the chair in front of me screech. I wipe my hands and sit up straight from a smiling Ellie.

"Hey," I speak in a dull tone, Her smile dropped a bit at it but remained happy, "So what did you want to meet for?" She said putting her jacket on the back of the chair.

"Ellie, I'm just going to be a straight shooter, I don't know if something is going on between us but it can't go father than friends" Her smile drops completely and guilt sneaks in,

"What do you mean? I thought we were going well- It's Althea, isn't it?" She jeers at me, "I should've known since I saw you run after her after our kiss, she saw it right? God I'm such an idiot"

"You're not-" But I get cut off when her tone goes slightly higher, "Don't, just don't, you're lucky that Chasen doesn't know. Nor will I tell him because I'm not that kind of person. One example of what a great girl you lost" She scoffed and picked up her stuff proceeding to march out of the Cafe without another word.

Who knew girls were this complicated?

I decide to go back to my dorm to shower and change before going to my 12:30 class with Professor Val, and after almost failing a physics test I managed to get something in my stomach and go visit Thea after her parents came and interrupted our talk in the morning.

Speaking of her parents, her mother scares me, very much. But besides that, her father seems fond of me, probably of my reputation of being the best male soccer player in our school after winning carrying our team to 3 wins, and heading to the semi-finals to win championships for the 3rd time in a row.

I run a few errands like buying new sneakers with the black card Finn gave me and headed back to the hospital, I greeted the receptionist and headed up to her room. I knock on the door with a smile on my face, she looks up from the journal she was writing in and closes it immediately.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" I ask pulling a chair next to her bed, "Good but my legs feel a bit sore" She shrugged, "The doctor said I could be discharged tomorrow" She sighed and stretched out her legs from their criss-cross position. I hummed and got absorbed into my thoughts again.