Chp.1- Princess Protection Service

A/n- I'm writing this with the Headcanon the reader is Black and Transmasc Nonbinary but you can imagine them anyway you'd like.

--------

Present...

You yawned into your elbow as you walked through the woods. After being here for a little less than 6 months, you've learned how to navigate the ever changing woods. The whispered murmurs usually helping determine when it is safe for you to go hunting again.

Though today wasn't just any kind of hunting day, no, today Razz apparently decided that it was also berry picking day. Which wasn't that big a deal, you couldn't exactly eat the fruits though without feeling sick in some way you learned. Meat and the occasional bread and vegetables were a better alternative.

You didn't see the old women that often. Sometimes you'd cross paths or sometimes you went to her little hermit hole to keep her company. Razz seems to know about you're necklace too. Though getting anything out of her is like pulling teeth from a pooka. She also talked alot about a Mara and Adora, you could careless but that would be rude to tell the old lady who practically took you in after you woke up in the woods, so you let her ramble.

So, while you also helped Razz pick berry's for a supposed "Mara" that was going to be coming to visit, you were on the look out for any kind of game you could get you're hands on.

You yelp at suddenly being hit upside the head,

"Focus wolf dear! We have to collect enough berries or we won't be able to bake pie for mara!"

"Razz, I have to find my own food before I can help you."

"Bah! You don't need to worry about food once Mara gets here."

"Sure Razz."

You rolled you're eyes which earned you another whack to the head, you let out a low growl,

"Stop hitting me with that stupid broom!"

Razz promptly ignored you and continued on, holding out a basket to you,

"Mara is going to be here soon! Pick berries, wolf!"

You sighed defeated and gave up on finding food, it was already seeming as if you had mistaken the woods uproar of whispers for hunting day, which was weird in of itself seen as you haven't been wrong about hunts. No animal had made itself known, probably aware of you're presence now. Which wasn't going to be good in the long run.

You held your necklace, rubbing it between your thumb, hoping the voice would offer guidance again.

Alas, the voice has been silent since you first transformation a few hours ago. You were completely caught off guard by the voice speaking after months and the painful headache you received after the fact. You're assuming the voice was a great deity of your people, Luna. You can't exactly say for sure but who else could it be?

You sighed and quickly catch up to Razz to help her collect her berries. You can't dwell on stuff like that right now, you need to worry about the present.

....
...
..
.

After picking berries,

(And fighting off a giant beast and lost some berries in which Razz scolded you for,)

You both made it back to the older woman's hermit home. Before you could enter to place down the berries, Razz snatched them from your hand,

"Ah, ah! No, wolf! I make the pies, you protect my mara!"

You sigh, rubbing your eyes tiredly,

"Razz...."

Razz gaze seemed to clear up a tad and softens as she examines you, she sighs and shakes her head, resting a hand on your arm,