Chp.4- Underpaid Babysitter

[I DIDN'T CHECK FOR TYPOS
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED]

I know it's been a while, apologies. 
____

Brightmoon.

The kingdom that's been the head of the rebellion since the start of the war, home to the moonstone and Queen Angella.

...

It also happens to be the residence of Adora, Glimmer, and Bow.

You're at the edge of the Whispering woods, eyes narrowed as you pace along it, keeping from stepping out of the shadows and into the moonlight. You didn't really wanna be here so late, but Adora invited you, and the woods wouldn't shut up.

"This is your chance. Bring her to me..."

Oh, and that's still here too.

It's been two weeks since you all saved Salineas, and though you have seen Adora every day to train or talk to one another, you haven't told her about the voice you constantly hear or its demands. You don't think you've gotten proper sleep in days because it insists that you bring Adora to it.

You huff through your nose as you walk to find Adora's room, your ears flickering at the sound of metal clanging from armor and yawning. Soon, you spot a room with the lights on still and far away due to the moat and significant drop surrounding the kingdom.

You strain your hearing to see if you can hear Adora, struggling with the sound of rushing water and the whispers of the woods.

You feel a tug in your chest as you can suddenly hear a lot more; murmurs, food being eaten, drunk laughter, festive music, and a baby crying. 

It's all so overwhelming.

You grunt and fold your ears tightly to your head, hands going to cover them. You quietly snarl in pain as you try to drain out all sounds; now, you can hear your own body working.

Your head snaps up at the sight of movement in your peripheral, to see Adora has rushed to the railing of her balcony, her eyes glowing blue. She was just in shorts and a tank top and looked to be squinting into the woods, looking for something. When she spots you, her face lights up as she grins and waves at you. You feel yourself start to calm down. Adora's eyes stop glowing as you regain normal hearing levels.

Huh, weird.

You flicker your ears before waving slightly back. You watch as she throws what looks like a rope down. You raise an eyebrow as she begins to make hand gestures. You blink slowly at the blonde before turning your back and walking into the Whispering woods, The whispers protested, but once you whispered back your intentions, the forest was quiet again and opened up a path.

You take a deep breath, then turn around quickly and running back the way you came. You catch Adora's look of shock and shouts of worry when you burst out of the forest and leap off the edge, claws out as you manage to dig them into the walls.

You grunt from the strain it puts on your claws, but as you begin to scale up the wall, you feel your chest tug again, and unlike with your hearing, you can feel the power coursing through your arms, and your claws feel stronger as you quickly make your way to Adora.

You grunt again as you pull yourself over the railing, huffing and looking at Adora, who's been watching in awe and shock. You roll your eyes and lean against the railing, arms crossed, "Stop looking at me like that."

Adora beams, "Y/n! That was incredible!"

You scoff and look away, your cheeks slightly warm, "Yeah, yeah, it was nothing. So, why did you invite me here?"