Chapter 6.1

Her eyes were wide as the creature stared at her cautiously. Its eyes that were above water were a lightning blue, that resembled crystals-- and under the water, its body silhouetted a long large tail.

The child could hear her heart pounding in her ears. She was frozen and her breaths were shallow and rigid.

The creature slowly blinked before it submerged back into the deep waters and disappeared.

Eleanor Tekkin was excited to see Bobby. She was a nine year old girl, only two years older than him, with chocolate brown hair and mocha colored eyes. Her skin was a darker olive but lighter than her father's skin. Her father was a pirate but now works as a merchant of fabrics together with his wife. The storm was over and the brunette lassie wanted to play. 

"Ma, can I go out now?" She asked her mother. "Um, sure." "Yes!"

"Be back before sun down, Eli!"

Eleanor rushed outside and headed to the Marvell's. She hoped Bobby would play with her this time as well. Unfortunately, Sarah spotted Eleanor.

"Eleanor! Eleanor!" Eleanor groaned and pretended not to notice her. "Eleanor!" Sarah was running after her. "Eleanor! I know you can hear me!" After a moment, the brunette slowed down and pretended to be surprised.

"Sarah! I didn't noticed."

Sarah Dewy was a ten year old child with auburn hair and eyes. She had fair skin and although Eleanor hated to admit it, but Sarah was gorgeous. Sarah was a daughter of a nobleman after all, but her mother was a courtesan. Eleanor didn't want to have anything to do with her at all as everyone discriminated the mother for being a courtesan, and her daughter as an illegitimate.

"I hope yer house was all right after the storm." "Yeah, well it was okay." Sarah cracked a smile. "That's good to hear. 'Cause ours was leaking! Water was everywhere and Milky was so scared!" She exclaimed and Eleanor nodded in response.

Milky was Sarah's dog. He was an old dirty white dog who had wandered to their place. Sarah had pitied for the poor animal and shared her pieces of food to him ever so often. He would also often play with her and let Sarah rub his tummy. Milky was a sweet boy and now he decided it would be his home and would guard their house, especially at night.

"Where were ya headed to?" Sarah tucked a strand of her hair.

"Oh, just to Bobby's. Was gonna ask em to play." Eleanor replied, impatiently. "Oh, yeah. Let's play, let's go there now."

Sarah jogged towards the direction of the Marvells and Eleanor watched her back. She sighed and followed after.

Once they arrived, Eleanor and Sarah hid among the tall wild grass as they watched an unfamiliar man left from the house. The man then covered his blond head with the cloak. "Who's that?" whispered Sarah.

"I don't know."

After he had walked quite a distance, the two girls rose and knocked on the wooden gate. "Hello, is anyone there?" Asked Eleanor, Sarah looked again at the direction they last saw the man. "Who is it?"

"Hi, Mrs. Mona."

"Hello, darlings. Should I get Bobby for ya?"

"Yes please." Eleanor smiled brightly.

Russell threw a pebble on the ocean and he watched it bounce from the surfaces before it finally sunk. The sky was a clearer blue, calmer clouds and the sunlight lit the grass fields prettily. He thought they were pretty. "Hi, Russ." He turned around and smiled as he saw his friends; Bobby, Sarah, and Eleanor.