Chapter Fifty Three

Chas and I are no longer virgins.
Last night, we became lovers.

It's now in the early hours of the morning and I should be tired, but I'm not. Lying on my bed, my head is just too wonderfully full of Chas, of us, of what last night meant to me. We talked about our love, we created more of it, then expressed our thoughts and feelings about it with the physical act of making love. With a smile on my face, I realise that I've not long lost my virginity, yet have found so much more. Bringing a finger softly up to my smiling lips, I touch them with the memory of the many kisses they had from Chas before, during, and after the losing of our virginity's.

Before we had even stepped inside of the workshop, it was chillingly on the cool side of an October evening, but the heat of the unknown had warmly rushed through our bodies. Chas did everything he could to set the tone for what was about to happen. He turned on the heater, lit candles, put on some music to play in the background—in his own adorable way, he was wooing me.

As tiredness has no plans for me just yet, I begin replaying every single moment of what went on to happen between us. My thoughts take me back to when we nervously undressed each other. Naked to the eye, we had revealed ourselves, our teenage intentions. With love, intrigue, desire, and maybe a glint of fear, we drank one another in. We both knew we were inexperienced, but we were more than ready to learn...together.

"You're beautiful," Chas had whispered as he caressed my bare collarbone, "are you still sure you want to do this?" he softly then asked of me.

"I've never been more surer about anything or anyone," was the answer I quickly gave to him, wanting to remove any doubts he may have thought I had, "you?" his question was just as quickly batted back to him, I too, also needed to know that he was absolutely sure.

It was then that Chas slid both his arms around my naked waist and answered with just a single nod to his head before placing a featherlight kiss to my lips, followed by an agreeable smile.

By the light of flickering candles, and upon the creaky put-me-up bed, we began exploring the labyrinth of physical love. It was soft and gentle, clumsy at times, but we took our time and knew that our togetherness was extra more special, simply because it was us. We didn't really know what we were doing, we just knew that what we were doing felt right—we were losing something that meant a great deal to someone who meant a great deal more.

So while I lie here in the dark, a new day only a couple of hours away, I regret nothing. My only regret is that Chas isn't here now, cuddling and kissing me, here to see in the dawn of the new day by my side. We have already made arrangements to see each other later on, but that later on can't come soon enough for me. Chas has changed my life in so many ways, in so many good ways, that his presence in my life always feels like a brand new dawn to my soul...I really am the luckiest girl in this sometimes crazy world.