Chapter six

I was happy around the base....I slept in a bunk that was close to my mothers...but I felt worried for Skye and Zara.

My mother had to fight me for her jacket back...eventually swapping it for one just like it..seeing as she had double. She found it nice that I was wearing her jacket though.

It was midnight and I had just woken up from a nightmare. I was breathing heavily and I was stressed as I looked around the room.

Even if I didn't want to admit it there was only one thing that would help me sleep after a nightmare this bad.

My mother.....so climbing out the bed I walked out into the stone hallway and to the next door which belonged to my mother.

I opened the door the inches of light projected onto her calm and sleeping face. I walked over to her gently pushing her shoulders.

She shot awake ready to punch someone but relaxed when she saw me. She put her hand over her heart as she took a breath.

"Nova...what's wrong" her tired voice now alert once she saw me sweaty and panicked face.

"I had a nightmare...can I stay with you?" She looked at me and smiled I suppose it was one thing she could check of the catch up list.

She nodded and moved over patting the bed beside her I climbed in cuddling into her body her arms wrapped securely around me.

I felt safe so I slowly drifted off to sleep.

In the morning I woke up to movement. I stirred and sat up slowly in the bed.

"Sorry did I wake you?" She asked me moving my messy hair out of my face.

"It's fine I like to be up early anyway" I told her with a smile.

"So do you want to talk about last night?" She asked me with the stern mum look.

"What do you mean?" I asked her

"The nightmare...want to talk about it" she said much softer sitting on the bed.

"I mean-it was about Hydra...the pain and the fear it keeps coming back" I told her about to burst into tears again

She sighed and hugged me tight

"Nova...I promise you now that I'm here nobody will hurt you again...I won't let them and I'll do everything I can to help with the nightmares"

I nodded into her shoulder as she stroked my hair.

Soon we were all stood around as there had been a emergency signal from a ship. I thought about Jiaying.

Soon we were there and I stayed by my mother the whole time. Me her and Lincoln busted into the room to help Skye fight off one who could duplicate.

"My head still hurts" my mother told Skye

"I'm sorry I didn't know"

"You didn't know but now we have to take out Jiaying"

"I'll do it" Skye said

"Skye you can't hesitate" Mum told her

"I won't"

"Mum she'll be fine" I said putting my hand on her upper arm she turned to me and put her hand on top of mine

Skye smiled at us before running off leaving me and my mother to fight off this woman....and Lincoln was helping.

Once we had taken down the inhumans and Jiaying was dead we headed back to base. Zara was dead she had been killed during the fight.

I walked around the base silently taking in the sight.

I stopped at the door of the living area watching everyone having drinks and catching up with one another I smiled this was my home now.

My mother waved me over and I smiled walking over sitting next to her on the couch she placed her arm around me and I rested my head on her shoulder and I felt peace and happiness for the first time.