Not Stalking

Qibli and that Nightwing have spent way to much time together. And he still doesn't even know me! I've known him since I was, like, 1!

    Mirage wanted to make Qibli notice her. Maybe I should hire someone to take Moon out...No. Qibli wouldn't like that. She'd just stand outside his sleeping cave and not let him enter until he knew her name. It wasn't stalking, it was just...Not stalking.

    Mirage hurried out of the entrance hall and into the main hall. She knew that Qibli's cave was the seventh cave on the right, next to the library. She knew this because she often saw him in it when she was on her way to read. She was not stalking him.

    Counting the entrances on the left on the hall, she walked slowly through the tunnel. Finally she came to the library. Qibli would be here soon, though, so there was no time to read. Mirage skipped over to the cave on the far side of the library-Qibli's sleeping cave-And stood in front of the entrance.

    It seemed like 3 million years had passed once Qibli walked out of the entrance hall and into the main one. He had a cheery grin on his face and a bounce in his step. He went over to the cave Mirage was standing in front of.

    "Hi..." Qibli began, confused, when he saw a random-looking dragon standing in front of his sleeping cave.

    "Mirage." She prompted him. "My name is Mirage."

    Qibli's grin faded a bit. "Oh, right. Mirage...Weren't you the one who filled everyone's beds with scorpions that one time?"

    "You remember! I was planning on using dragonbite vipers, but they were too expensive."

    Qibli's eyes widened and his grin faded completely. "Right..." He edged away from Mirage. "Can I-"

    "Oh, yes!" Mirage stepped sideways to let Qibli enter his cave. When Qibli turned around to see if she was still there, she was, jumping up and down excitedly. 

    "What are you doing tomorrow? Maybe we can have lunch together! And the next day! And the next day! And always!" She exclaimed. Qibli paused for a moment.

    "I...I don't want to have lunch with you, Mirage. You're not a very good dragon." He turned around and slowly strode over to the far side of the cave, where his sleeping mat was.

    Mirage stopped bouncing. She was a bad dragon? Why had no one told her before? Because they were afraid of you, Went her conscience. She didn't listen to it. I'm a good dragon! Why should I care what he thinks? Mirage sighed, flapped her wings, and lifted off the ground. She flew out of the main hallway, and out of the entrance of Jade Mountain. The answer to that question was still clear. Maybe she didn't deserve him. Maybe Moon did.