♤ONE ♤

⌌⊱⇱⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊰⌍
9:00 PM
Acacia, Dressrosa
⌎⊱⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⇲⊰⌏

"I'm sorry ma'am, but we no longer serve that meal item on our menu." The waitress softly says to you, snapping you out of your trance. "May I interest you in a bowl of cioppino or crab bisque instead? It's popular among the other customers."

You were gazing out of a nearby window of a cafe, stuck in your thoughts as the moonlight beamed gently on your skin. You sigh deeply, waving your hand.

"I suppose. whichever one is quicker to prepare." you replied.

She bows and rushes off, jotting the order and sliding the ticket in her back pocket

Your eyes follow her for a small moment before you shift your focus onto the drink in your hands. Staying on the low in a kingdom like Dressrosa was an easy task. Everything was different compared to what you were used to, but they had wonderful things to offer.

The kingdom was...odd. There was singing and dancing toys that seemed normal in every road of the kingdom, and even women that stabbed men in broad daylight! You understood that part, men cheating on their partners and then getting what they deserved.

The stilettos you decided to wear tonight glimmered under the moon as you crossed your legs, adjusting the dress you wore so it wouldn't ride upwards.

Something poked at you however, like something was bound to happen once you turn a corner.

You tried not to put too much attention towards it though, you only came to Dressrosa to visit a close friend and have a good time

The waitress returned with a bowl of Crab Bisque and set it down with a steady hand. You said nothing as you dug up a tip from your cleavage and flipped it towards her.

⌌⊱⇱⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊰⌍
Crab Bisque:
⌎⊱⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⇲⊰⌏

She clumsily caught it with a meek blush and gaped at how shiny it was, her reflection glimmering on the smooth surface, "E-Enjoy your meal ma'am!" She smiled, a stiff bow directed to you

"Stop calling me ma'am, no one likes a suck up." You replied, looking down at her.

"Yes, sorry!" The waitress immediately apologized before she scurried off to continue her job. You lied, you adored when people suck up to you.

Taking a sip from your drink, your thoughts continued to invade your mind as you scooped a spoonful of your bisque. It would be nice to book a room in one of those luxurious hotels with the unlimited shopping it offered in the kingdom, but the memo was to stay low and stay far away from him.

"Another dreary night it is." You sighed.

That poking feeling you felt earlier was bound to grow even stronger, and you failed to notice the stern stare settled on you and you only.

Outside of the cafe you were dining at, just outside was a deep and dark alleyway that had a perfect stalking point. A large figure stood hunched over with a worried frown, their teeth clenched in aggravation at the sight of you through the glass.

Trebol only wanted to take a stroll in the night to clear his head, but it only put more thoughts into his mind now that he's seen you in Dressrosa like a normal citizen.

"I can't hide this information away from Young Master, it's even worse when it's that little minx!"

He hissed under his breath, the snot usually running down his nose dripped even more as a light coat of sweat formed on his face. He would never hold secrets from the person he was the most loyal to, especially when he was the King of Dressrosa.

Donquixote Doflamingo was a man of power. He had all the wealth and luxury the kingdom of Dressrosa could offer.

After taking it over from the former king, his family settled nicely in the large stone castle. It was an easy life for him, but the heavenly demon felt like something was missing.

And that something was you.

Ever since you two officially met at Mary Geoise for a warlord meeting two years ago, he took a liking to you. At first you didn't think of it as a bad thing cause you thought that you could use that to your advantage like the other countless men and women, but things started to really take a turn for the worse. His love for you soon turned into a terrifying obsession to the point that he started invading your overall privacy and putting you in countless dangerous situations that you nearly died from. sure, your devil fruit powers could easily override his, but what could you really do if he was five, no, ten steps ahead of you?

You then take a few more sips and spoonfuls from your meal and leave out of the front door; leaving a handsomely large tip on the table for the waitress.

⌌⊱⇱⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊰⌍
Later that night..
⌎⊱⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⇲⊰⌏

"Gods, this place is a dump."

Standing in the center of a poorly decorated room you rubbed your temples. Compared to the luxury bedroom you've grown accustomed to, this hotel was downright awful.

What was worse was getting a room, in order to get inside safely you needed to enter from the back and charm some random man for his room key. The ceiling felt too low, and the windows weren't even clean. Slipping off the large poncho, you were ready to try and get some shut eye.

The 'full body' mirror on the wall didn't help it while she changed your clothes. Confidence came slowly, and while you were born with it, there were some parts of your body that you wished weren't there.

The rough skin on your back was exposed, your eyes stared at the scar on your back with disappointment.

Your hand lightly touched the rough but tender skin, a sudden urge to scratch it off had overwhelmed you more than anything, and your manicured nails dug into the skin for a moment.

But as soon as you felt the skin threaten to tear you quickly dropped your hands, seeing the red imprints on your back. Your once scarless body had been tarnished forever with that unflattering mark on you, there were times you felt as if your charms wouldn't work because of it.

The silk top you wore felt nice against your bare skin, but you doubted it would help against the rickety old bed.

"Curse my beauty, I'm being forced to sleep in a dog house."

Your height had permitted you from having a normal rest, being tall had its perks but sleeping in a normal sized bed wasn't one of them. The mattress was stiff as you sat down, the loud creaking made you cringe.

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒
A/N:
If you're a tiny tim, suck it up. You're a tall mf in this book lol.
┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

The blanket wasn't that thin thankfully, you curled into a ball and tugged the sheet over you, hugging yourself to provide more warmth. Everything felt cold, "I'm never  visiting Dressrosa ever again." You muttered, burying your nose into your slightly warmer hands, shivering.

Your limbs were threatening to lean off the bed, the loud noises from outside didn't help either.

"Everything will be better in the morning." You whispered, a shaky exhale escaped your lips as you closed your eyes, tugging the blanket over your head.

boy were you wrong..