ch ⁸|| dear daughter

[ TRIGGER WARNING: THIS CHAPTER WILL HAVE MENTIONS BLOOD, KNIVES, SLIGHT HOMOPHOBIA,AND DEATH. ]

i've yet to re-read this chapter, so please excuse me if there are any mistakes here :)

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

( y/n ) immediately walked away from the building, dialing quri's number. her eyebrows were furrowed, her heartbeat increasing, and anticipation filled her veins. every little find was always a surprise, another horrible sight, another bastard.

"what did you find?" the girl immediately asked once quri picked up the call.

"i didn't find much. this guy's got tight security around his account. he's one of the operators and he lives somewhere around the city you're in right now. i couldn't find the exact details but i wanted to warn you." quri answered, his voice raspy and tired.

"shit..any other findings?"

"well, he has multiple 'identities' meaning he changes how he looks incredibly often and focuses on multiple jobs that's connected to the root of dark web. all i can gather is brown hair and cauliflower ears. i honestly think he's the worst one."

"shit..alright. think you for that. i'll call you whe-"

"are you alright by the way?"

( y/n ) fell silent, her confusion growing. what'd he mean by that?

quri lightly chuckled at the confusion in the silence.

"you're at the beach right? are you okay over there?"

"oh. yeah, i'm actually doing better. thank you for asking"

( y/n ) smiled to herself. she did tell quri about losing one of her childhood friends a few years back. it made her feel better that the male remembered.

"anyways, i'll see you when i do."

the girl ended the call, putting her phone back in her pocket.

"hm, so this is what the great underdog is doing now?"

a masculine voice spoke out, not surprising ( y/n ) one bit. it was the same man who followed and stared at her the moment she stared at the beach.

before the girl could turn around to meet the man's eyes, a knife pressed against her neck and a hand placed itself on her shoulder from the back.

( y/n ) slowly raised her hands up, sweat building up in her pores as the attacker laughed, "sorry, you and the gay son of a bitch know too much. this has to be done."

being able to hold the underground's most prized and infamous woman's life on the line was like holding a god within his very grasps. the male couldn't wait to get a hold of the millions of money he'd gain just by spilling her blood with one single slash to the throat. drool began dripping from the corners of his mouth, however, before he knew it-

crack!

an unsettling painful sound resonated through the alley.

( y/n ) had pulled the hand he had on her shoulder roughly to the point where his shoulder had dislocated.

his brain wasn't given too much time as she swiftly threw him over her shoulder, pinning him on the floor. the girl caught the knife as she turned to face her attacker, a smirk stretching through her lips.

her eyes scanned over his ridiculously shiny bald head and the scars on his face. he had a strong build, however his screaming immediately contradicted the scary aura he intended to project.

she bent over to his ears, her eyes darkening as she applied more weight on the arm she had pinned behind his back, "listen, i'm only letting you live right now because i know you have a daughter to feed. tell your boss that if he sends another one, i won't hesitate to send a dead body back."

( y/n ) remained motionless, waiting for a response from the man.

it irked her that she'd have to send the man back in one piece. her words were nothing more than an empty threat to a dark web operator, she knew. so she debated cutting her stalkers into pieces and sending out parts of his body every weekend, but after finding out he had a starving daughter living in a run down house, her thinking had gone down to the debts of mercy.

"fine." the man grumbled, tears already pooling by the corner of his eyes at the thought of his daughter waiting by the door of their home, hoping for another warm meal only to find that her father was killed in cold blood.

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

judging from the time she took to get there, the girl would assume she'd be too late.

which she was.

and now, she was being screamed at by yeorumi, who was visibly annoyed and upset.

"do you have any idea how worried i was!? i thought you got lost or something!" the yellow haired girl seethed, pointing down at ( y/n ) with each word that left her mouth.

"i'm sorry, i'm sorry. i won't wonder off by myself again." ( y/n ) sighed, a bead of sweat dropping from her cheek as she tried to puppy eye yeorumi, which ended up in her getting more scolding.

the girl eventually stopped with her-irritating- scolding and stomped off in annoyance, making everyone else sweat-drop at her attitude,

"well, it's understandable that she feels that way. she nagged us about how the group of guys might have been harassing you too." jiksae stated, his gaze shifting over to the ( h/c ) haired girl. he didn't have much knowledge nor did he engage in many conversations with the girl.

well, he has tried once, twice, and even thrice. but each time, the girl would always respond with dry sentences or she'd be stuck in her own world of daydreams with a terrifying emotionless look in her eyes.

"where are the group of boys now? how'd you get out of getting harassed?" ( y/n ) questioned, shifting her attention to both gaeul, jiksae, and yoo hobin.

"yeonwoo helped us, he scared them away-well, more like his fangirls scared them away." hobin answered, the slight annoyance and envy never leaving his heart.

not too contrary to jiksae, yoo hobin had tried to conversate with the girl aswell, his attempts having the same results as jiksae's own attempts. it bothered him how little her knew about ( y/n ). he was her boss and he felt it was a responsibility to form a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere between them.

the only time he's ever seen the girl look relaxed and unguarded was the second time they had met. the grateful and peaceful look in her eyes when she'd thanked him for standing up for yeorumi never left his memories. it was a moment that replayed in his mind at random times. when he ate, when he was in class, when he tried to think of ideas for livestreams.

"where were ya anyways?" it was gaeul's turn to question.

"i went to the store for a drink." words flew out of her mouth with no hesitation.

the black haired girl nodded.

gaeul wasn't too good at making friends-even when she was younger-and usually, she'd be contented with that. however, ever since ( y/n ) had appeared out of nowhere, the ravenette had this irritating feeling that begged her to be friends with the ( h/c ) haired girl. gaeul reasoned with herself that it was but a temporary feeling, however, the longer it lasted, the more she had come into terms that it was something she needed to do.

so, ever so slowly, gaeul engaged and made the smallest of conversations with ( y/n ) to atleast get to her better. it was a torture of a process, however, gaeul believed in the miracles of patience and trusting the process.

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

hello everyone, i apologise for the lack of updates. i'm going to try and post more chapters soon :)

i recently got into genshin impact and the game has been distracting me lol