ch ⁹ || why?

this chapter is not edited, please excuse any mistakes here.

the next day had come and yeorumi didn't hesitate for one second to begin with her broadcasting.

and neither did she hesitate to drag long a certain ( h/c ) head along with her, answering some the questions the fans had and doing quick mukbangs at nearby restaurants. to say it easily exhausted ( y/n )s mental state was an understatement. she wanted nothing more than to sleep in for the rest of the day and relax after the incident that had occurred the previous day.

the next few months she was going to have in korea was surely going to be bothersome. it was only common sense that sending the baldie back would result in more people coming after her. now, she'd have to keep her guard up more often and make sure no suspicious crowds were to approach the members of the yoo hobin company. especially yeorumi.

"dont you get tired having the broadcast everyday?" ( y/n ) slipped on her swimming shorts and turned to her bestfriend who had just finished her daily broadcast and was now changing into her swimwear aswell.

the yellow haired girl was silent for a while, picking out the right words to use before opening her mouth, ''well, at first it was tiring since I wasnt used to carrying a phone while focusing on the way ahead of me. i also had to make sure the camera was at a right angle. but now, im pretty used to it. "

( y/n ) nodded as a response, not having too much to say.

"anyways, you ready?" yeorumi turned to ( y/n ), who wore a cropped long sleeved top and shorts, similar to what she wore herself. yeah. ( y/n ) nodded once again, stretching out her legs and tapping her newly bought shoes on the ground to make sure it was comfortable enough to run in.

the two girls had decided to take a short beach jog or perhaps even swim for a while. yeorumi figured it would help ease her bestfriends mind and perhaps relax her a little bit.

------------------------------------------------------

sweat stuck to their skin as labored breaths left their lips. okay, maybe it wasnt a very relaxing activity to jog, however, it did help ease the two girl's minds. the sunset was a gorgeous view and they had taken photos of themselves to post on their socials.

"actually, ive been wondering this for a while, but why do you treat me like im one of your closest friends? i mean, i went ahead and disappeared for years.'' ( y/n ) turned to her childhood friend, a serious expression on her face. it didnt make any sense to her. if yeorumi had disappeared for almost five years, she would be angry, sad, and conflicted, so why was yeorumi acting so kindly with her?

"well, id rather be close to you than be angry or salty. im sure you had your reasons for leaving five years ago. though, im still waiting for an explanation." yeorumi smiled softly at her friend, the corners of her eyes crinkling as she pat ( y/n )s head softly. "i really did miss you all those years ago, so i dont want to waste time being mad at you."

( y/n ) felt her heart fill with warmth at the words, she could remember sitting on her plane seat, anxious about yeorumi's reaction to her return. it never made her heart settle whenever the thought of yeorumi ignoring her or even just saying harsh words.

"..i see. thank you." ( y/n ), for the first time in a while, genuinely smiled and leaned into the yellow haired girls touch, letting her guard down, even if it was just for a single moment.  a calm sigh left her lips before she leaned away, the smile still remaining on her lips as she gazed at yeorumi.

"anyways, im tired. i'll get going first."

"alright, be careful on your way there!" yeorumi waved towards the ( h/c ) haired girl who had already turned to walk towards their inn.

------------------------------------------------------

"ji yeon woo?"

( y/n ) called out to the brown haired male who wore a blue tracksuit, he seemed to be talking to himself—that wasnt the case, he was on a phone call with his dear father.— until he heard his name being called out.

"ah, ( y/n ) ( l/n )." yeonwoo greeted, a small smile on his face as he looked down/up at the girl. he didnt know too much about the girl, though he did watch the livestream where she first appeared to the public eyes. to be blunt, the brown haired male found himself crushing on the ( e/c ) eyed girl. the mere sound if his name leaving her lips made his heart skip several beats and the butterflies in his stomach flutter with joy.

( y/n ) jogged towards yeon woos side, catching up to his pace. "i heard you helped out yeorumi and the others the other day. thanks for that." she bowed her head towards the male who quickly told her not to bow, "its alright. i think any other person wouldve stepped into the situation."

"still— "

"hey."

the two highschool students shifted towards the owner of the hostile voice, not one single ounce of fear showing in their expressions.

it was the same three thugs thats had harassed and tried to drink with the girls of the yoo hobin company. ( y/n ) sneered at them in annoyance, about to punch the blonde who sent her an irritatingly teasing look, though the ringing of her phone made her halt in her movements.

she sighed, taking her phone out. seeing yeorumi as the caller id, she wasted not a single second and answered, "hello?"

'( 𝘺/𝘯 )? 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱 yet?'

--------------------------------------------------------------------

hi sorry for the short chapter.

i'm gonna try to write out the rest of the chapters as fast as i can because the webtoon chapter caught up to my story line and i wanna be atleast 5 chapters ahead LMAO