17 • getting ready

Prom night came faster than I had expected.

The guys gathered at mine and Noah's house and brought all their dresses, suits and supplies. My parents weren't home so we got some whiskey from our parents stash and started to have a good time. Noah, Dylan and Tyler was here already so they just watched friends while we got ready. All three of them had suits on, Noah and Tyler with bow ties and Dylan with an all matching suit, shirt and tie.

While the boys got drunk downstairs, me and Dove were upstairs in my room, getting ready, "What're you thinking of doing to your hair?" I asked Dove, taking a swig of the whiskey.

"I might curl it, you?"

"I think I'm gonna stay natural?"

"Oo yeah, you look good natural, can you do mine?"

I gave her a smile, "sure." I knew Tom liked when I kept my hair natural, he said it looked more like me. I wish I could see him, I wanted him to see the dress he'd bought for me, look at me and be able to kiss me.

We got our hair supplies out, heating up various flat irons and curling irons. It only took about half an hour to curl Dove's hair. She was wearing a beautiful burgundy dress with her hair curled and smokey eye shadow.

My dress was what I'd picked out with Tom, it was a channel, long and black. I had to admit, looking in the mirror I looked better than I ever have. The dress perfectly accentuated my curves, making me look an hourglass shape.

"Are you coming down?" Dove asked.

"Give me a couple minutes, I just need to do something."

"Okay I'll see you downstairs," she called back.

I grabbed my phone, clicked on FaceTime and called Tom. He'd be ready by now probably just about to set off, teachers helping out before hand.

I took another swig of the whiskey.

"Hey baby, what's up?" He had positioned his phone in front of his bathroom mirror so he could sort out his bow tie and talk at the same time. "Are you drinking whiskey?"

"Yeah," I chuckled.

"What's up?"

I hesitated for a second. "Nothing."

"What?" He asked, his eyes lightening up and giving a smile.

I fiddled with the rings on my hand, nervous, "I just wanted to say that I love you." I don't know why I was so nervous to tell him that I simply loved him, I guess with that happened the prior week, I'd told him my insecurities with our relationship, me being to young for him.

"Awe, I love you too."

"I've got to go, I just wanted to say that, but I'll see you at the dance."

"Okay bye," he said, smiling widely.

I hung up the phone and looked in the mirror once more. I actually looked decent. I laughed.

This was the moment of realisation when you find out why my boyfriend actually likes you. My eyes looked bigger than usual, almost doll like with the amount of white eyeliner I'd put in my water line. My lips looked pump too, I could understand why Tom kissed me so much.

"I'm ready!" I called, running down our staircase with heels in my hand.

The door bell went.

"I'll get it," I said, knowing my brother wouldn't get up.

"Harry, Sam, you're here."

"Wow you look beautiful Y/n," Sam said, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"I'd have to agree," Harry added, also giving me a kiss, "here you go by the way." He handed me a bottle of champagne, probably quite expressive too, the twins  were known to be generous with gifts.

"I'll pop it open," I smiled.

"To prom night, and to the end of a shitty year," Noah toasted.

"To the end of senior year," I add, laughing.

"To the end of senior year!" We all yell, clinking our glasses together.