6 • Stay tonight

I pressed my finger upon the door bell, tapping my foot and fiddling with my dress and looking behind me every so often. Maybe it was to check if anyone could see, but I think it was more my nerves. I'd never been on a date before. I'd never even had a boyfriend or girlfriend. I didn't know what to expect.

I saw his tall figure approaching the door and eventually opening it with a smile on his face. "Y/n, you look beautiful." Tom admired, looking down at my outfit.

After almost a month seeing him in a suit nearly everyday, and just recently all the hot days, I still wasn't used to him. He was wearing a blue shirt with his sleeves rolled up and smart pants, a lot more casual the usual which was nice.

"Y/n?" He chuckled, causing me to zone back into reality

"Y/n?" He chuckled, causing me to zone back into reality. "You there?"

"Yeah sorry." I felt my cheeks flush red.

"It's okay." He smiled, talking my hand in his and leading me to the dining area.

***

We were nearly finished eating (your favourite food), just chatting about our lives very comfortably. Tom had quickly become the best person I could talk to, and before this date we'd been out on many walks to the forrest down the road.

"So how have I done?" I asked him as we stood at the door together.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh shit, I forgot to mention, this is my first date." I laughed.

"You should be asking me how I did." He rephrased, with his gentlemanly charm.

"Jesus, you just getting better and better." I mumbled but he heard and started to laugh.

"Why thank you darling, and same goes for you, definitely

"Why thank you darling, and same goes for you, definitely." He grinned and I blushed at the compliment. "Also I've been meaning to ask," he started getting a little more serious. "I know I probably won't be able to be with you every minute and I probably can't take you out on normal dates and I know this isn't the best situation in the world and there's definitely a difference in ages, but I've never been so happy. So maybe you'll consider being my girlfriend..."

My jaw dropped at this small speech and I looked down trying to conceal my quick growing smile. I felt his hand go under my chin and tilt my head up to face him.

"Is that a no?" He asked, sadness audible in his tone.

I shook my head and his lips tugged forming a smile. "I would love to." I said.

We both came closer to each other and touched lips. He parts his lips, and we kiss again, more passionate than the previous. I open my mouth a little, and our tongues meet. I open my mouth again, and this time our tongues collide in a slow, soft sweep.

I heard a loud ring in my back pocket, causing us to separate. I take my phone out and answer the call. "Dad I'm kinda busy right now-"

"Tea is on the table for hours and it's cold! WHERE ARE YOU!??" He yelled, making me flinch from his volume and move my ear away from the phone. "It's 9pm!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING OUT THIS LATE??"

When he'd stopped telling me off I put the phone back to my ear. "Dad, I told you this morning and messaged you and Noah that I'd be out this late, I'm really sorry." I apologised.

"NO YOU DID NOT!" He retorted, picking up his volume again. "GET HOME RIGHT THIS INSTANT!"

"Okay, I'm sorry, I'll be a few minutes, bye."

He hung up the phone and I felt Tom's hand under my chin again. I gave him a weak smile as he tilted my head and then kissed me. "I'm always here if you need somewhere to stay and you can always call me." He said finally kissing me for the last time.