Chapter 4: Been a while

"So read the first 2 chapters of the art of being normal by Lisa Williamson for next lesson. Class dismissed." My teacher declares as I whip out my phone really quickly taking a snap of the title off the book off the bored. Grabbing my bag and legging it out of the room as fast as i could. Picking up my pace trying to get out of the building before eveyone swammed the corridors.

I decided to go have some lunch out since I didn't really want to go back to the dorms where Rose is. I had the rest of the day free since Monday's I just have english. I decided to treat myself and get some Greggs. Since it's been a stressful day.

****

After I got my food I decided to go to my favourite book shop to get the book for my english homework. I walked in and saw Ash standing at the front.

"Hey Jay, I've not seen you in a while.' They say to me a wide smile on their face leaning on the desk.

"Sorry, I've not been up to going out." I say back walking tawards them.

"Awe, dont worry. What you looking for? A book or some advice." They giggled nugging my arm smirking.

"Shut up, I'm here for a book for my english class. Don't get too happy.' I scowl back at her. "Talking about that do you have the book em," I whip out my phone to check the title of the book. "The art of being normal by Lisa Williamson."

"Probably," they say walking from around the cashier tawards the L section, scanning the shelfs for a moment. "Here."

"Thanks, I'm going to look around for a sec. You know to check out if you have any new books." They hummed walking back to their place behind the counter. "You know where the new books are kept. But hurry my shift is over and you know about my competition with Ind." I chuckled and walked.

Walking to the back running my hands across the spines of the books, as my eyes scanned all the titles, slowly slipping into my thoughts.

I always feel so safe in a book shop or libary. It is just as sad as it sounds. I guess I love the thought of escaping reality. Falling into a universe of everything being okay. That you can have a prince insteaded of the princess. That you can be anything you want to be without someone telling you you can't or that its wrong. That you can be valid and accepted.

I snap out of my day dream and walk over to the desk where Ash was now shoving her toung down some other girls throat. I look away and clear my throat to grab their attention.

"Oh, how long have you been there?" Ash asks scratching the back of their neck as the other girl goes bright red and all shy.

"Just arrived dont worry, I'm not into that anyway. Can i just get that book?"

"Yeh I know," they throw their hands up looking at me. "You think I forgot?" They alomost sound offended, almost.

"No. Just comferming it for you partner." I state

"Eva. You mean, but yeh I think she can guess though. £6.99." They gesture to me standing there as they pulled a pink and white stripped bag out to put my book in.

"And what is that meant to mean?" I beep my card reaching out taking the bag off them.

"Come on Jay." They giggled as her girlfriend giggled too shaking her head a little.

"They mean like your clothes and the way you stand thats all. Plus are you forgetting about our iconic gaydar." Eva says.

"Whatever." I huffed walking to the door.

"BYEEE JAY, ENJOY THE BOOK." I hear Ash calls out after me.

I decided to go back to the dorm after, heaving my bag off my sholder and flopping onto my bed letting myself deflate. Turning over to unzip my bag and grap my dounut and book. As i pulled out the book out of its cute bag a badge fell out with it. I was a little love heart shap and had a desgine of being painted, with all the gay colours on it. Black all the way to purple. Small but adorable. I smiled to myself, Ash must have known about it getting out. I mean they do go here.

Flopping back on my back checking the time, 4:03pm. Rose will be at Ifra's and Imogens room to do a 'study' session for another 20 mins. I decided to go speedrun a shower and grab a warm drink before she came back.

ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ࡚ࠢ࠘ ⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊°.~♡︎

i know that in real life you wouldn't study 'the art of being normal' but it's one of my favourite books and really fits in well with this story. anygay- check it out if your interneted